Awning Curtins

Submitted: Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 21:13
ThreadID: 120229 Views:2726 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Dear Fellow BOG We took delivery of a new 18ft BT in late August. The van has a rear enterence with the internal kitchen on the near sidewith provision for both gas and electrical cooking to be done on the outside near wall. It was supplied with a Aussie Traveller Awning & we were advised to purchase the curtins later after thought to windows and door placements. I am sure that there would be members with more experience than us re this as we are first time caravaners. It's main use would be to accommodate other adult members of our family from time to time & additional room for extended stays. Also is there a preference for the type of material, some can be quite heavy and bulky, this may not be the case with Aussie Traveller. We awaite your replies Roger & Cherryle
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 21:15

Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 21:15
Very happy with our custom layout so far. Sun with humidity and raging wind storms and torrential downpours have not been a problem, especially if 2 or 4 corner tie-dowms used (there are loops fitted for this on the top corner of our awning - probably yours as well). We elected to have end walls with mirror image windows and doors, all with fly screen material (doors zippered of course) all covered with the canvass roll-up material. The long wall was the big one, however, being floor to ceiling flyscreen for almost its entire length, with the canvass wall split in the middle & zippered to make a one-person roll-up manageable. The whole result is an open, airy annex with the ability to be totally private if required. The only thing I would add is peg-down tabs either side of the middle long-wall zipper so that if you only want one flap rolled up, you can peg down the other to stop it flapping in the breeze. If you want to have a look at the layout, I'm sure Aussie Traveller would still have it on file under 'Lapworth'. Good Luck Griff
AnswerID: 560120

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 21:16

Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 21:16
Dear Griff Thank you for your reply and sorry we have taken so long to say thanks, but we thought that may be someone else may reply Thanks Roger & Cherryle
AnswerID: 560121

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 21:17

Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 21:17
Griff,
That sounds practical enough to be parked in the "BT options and extras" file for future reference.
AnswerID: 560122

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 21:18

Friday, Nov 14, 2003 at 21:18
Conrad & Niza who live in their van full time, have 2 sets of annex walls for their van. One is the normal vynal type with mess screens, and the other one that gets used most of the time is a full mess annex. Most of us seem to just put the awning up without walls, but with the full screen annex it gives you a large insect free area to sit outside the van if you wish. They said that theirs cost abou$800 from Aussie traveller. If someone has an aussie traveller annex and wants a screen annex, if you look at the rear of the awning box, on the underneath side, and just behind where the support arm swings out from, there will be a number stamped into the plate. If you quote that number then Aussie traveller can then make another annex from that reference number. Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 560123

Our Sponsors