F-250 tires

Submitted: Saturday, Nov 15, 2003 at 09:44
ThreadID: 120230 Views:2766 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Yea, I know I spell it differently! Is there a consensus regarding the best tire for the F-250. The dealer will give me a $150 credit per tire if I want to choose a different tire. Will the BF Goodrich All Terrain fit the F-250? Thanks, Jay
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, Nov 15, 2003 at 09:46

Saturday, Nov 15, 2003 at 09:46
There was a discussion on tyres recently ....check back through the threads. BF Goodrich dont currently make a tyre that is legal on the F-Trucks because of the high load index to suit their high axle load capability. Most of the F250 owners are fitting the original tyres and they are proving themselves well, as Bob will attest to, but they are expensive by comparison. Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 560124

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Saturday, Nov 15, 2003 at 09:47

Saturday, Nov 15, 2003 at 09:47
We have done 65,000km on the 4 tyres that came with the vehicle, and I would estimate that I have at least 20,000km left in them. I have seen some F250 running around with BF Goodrich on and while they fit and probably perform with out any problems, they are NOT LEGAL because they don't come up to speed and weight requirements. I think Coopers have a tyre that would be legal. If you do decide on some other tyre, I'll buy your other one off you for $150 each. Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 560125

Reply By: Luvntravln - Saturday, Nov 15, 2003 at 09:48

Saturday, Nov 15, 2003 at 09:48
Hi Brian, the reason for the issue on the tires (I had decided to stay with originals after the last discussions) is that I visited with Paul and Barb on Friday to see my first BT. Can't believe I have made this committment without first even seeing one! Anyway, there was some comment about traction with the F-250 original tires in off-road situations as compared to the ATs on Paul's LandCruiser. I guess the bottom line to you, Brian, and Anthony is: We are going to do serious off-roading. Should I be concerned about the Ford original tires? I am going to assume the answer to the questions is going to be "no" so that I can ask my next question. Can the F-250 tires be fitted to the BT so that all tires are the same? Next question re wheels: From what I gather the F-250 comes with 4 alloy wheels and 1 spare steel wheel and the goal is to have alloy because they are lighter and sufficiently strong. I also understand (?) that the BT comes with 6 steel wheels which means using original equipment you have 7 steel wheels and 4 alloy wheels. 1. Are the wheels interchangeable from the F-250 to the BT? If not, and I bought F-250 alloy wheels, can they be fitted to the BT? 2. If I stay with all original equipment, are the tires interchangeable from the BT to the F-250 so that you have in an emergency 11 tires that can go on any wheel? Thanks everyone for the assistance; I will understand eventually! Cheers, Jay
AnswerID: 560126

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Saturday, Nov 15, 2003 at 09:49

Saturday, Nov 15, 2003 at 09:49
Jay, I have found that the original Goodyear A/T tyres that came with F250 have got me through everything that we have asked of them. The treat pattern is not as agressive as the BF Goodrich but they still perform pretty good, and in reality there are not many legal options to change them to anyway. Any 250 stud pattern BT steel rim can be fitted to F250 and any of the Alloys or steel from F250 can be fitted to BT, they are all interchangeable. If you pay the extra to have Goodyear tyres on BT then they will be legal on F250. If you do what most of us have is fit BFG or Bridgestone tyres on the BT, then those tyres will not be legal on F250, but if you are only using them to get you out of trouble then no-one is going to worry about it. Hope this helps Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 560127

Our Sponsors