CALLING 20' BT OWNERS

Submitted: Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 15:41
ThreadID: 120234 Views:3195 Replies:15 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Having beat the towing vehicle/F-250 to death, now lets go to work on the BT! For me, seeing the BT web site was secondary to the knowledge and assistance received on the BOG site. There is no question that the information and friendly assistance I have been receiving from the BOGers is what sold us on the BT. You guys should get a commission! I am trying to view as many layouts as possible before visiting with Steve in January. Any 20/21' owners that wouldn't mind sending me their layout, or better yet posting the layout in a special layout folder for all to see, it would be greatly appreciated and most helpful to all the newbies like moi! I must admit I am hungry for information. One question is if you had to do it over again, what would you do differently? No sense in reinventing the wheel and if with your assistance I can build the next generation BT, all the better. When I was on Paul's 18' with a yacht berth, we determined that a island berth came out from the from wall approximately 2 1/2' more than the yacht berth. Putting a queen island berth into a 20' actually resulted in a reduction of 1/2' floor space from the foot of the bed to the back of the van down the centerline. 20 footers, do you wish you had a 21' and why? Our initial leanings are as follows (this is a combination of Angie's and Bob Lemon's layout): Queen island berth Cafe style table dropped to make a berth and the ensuite at the end across from the entrance door. On the entrance side starting at the foot of the bed you have the frig, cupboards with work surface and stove. An arrangement to mount the microwave on the work surface. At the end facing the rear is the sink and cupboards. I like Peter's mounting of the flat screen on the frig wall so that it can be viewed both from the bed and from the cafe table. Want to figure how to move it all the way to the table so that it can be used as a computer screen. Will install desktop with a TV card to eliminate stand-alone TV, and have a second laptop for Jackie and to use in the F-250 with a GPS navigation program. Opting for six water tanks in a 4x2 configueration; 4 batteries/4 solar panels; all the rest of the usual options! Anyone had experience mounting the 2kv generator in a box on the A-frame? Thoughts? Doing the annexe thingy and like the description of what Griff has done. Will ask for the Lapworth plans. Planning to put two of our bikes in canvass bags and then into some type of cage on the A-frame. ???????????????????// Thanks again for all of your help. tgintl/Jay Any guesses on tgintl?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 15:48

Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 15:48
This message has been deleted by the author.
AnswerID: 560158

Reply By: Luvntravln - Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 15:49

Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 15:49
Anthony, One good - but no bananas choice: Thank God I'm Navigating Through Life One contrary and no bananas choice: That Girl Is Now Too Loving when it should be That Girl Is Never Too Loving This Goad Is Now Too Long !!! [AcronymicSmile] True and the answer is in the thread!! tgintl
AnswerID: 560159

Reply By: Luvntravln - Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 15:50

Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 15:50
Paul - you get the bananas! My business is TG International -tgintl One day on the net someone asked me during a chat what tgintl meant and I didn't want to identify my company in this situation - looked at the letters and on went the lightbulb Thank God Its Never Too Late!! Isn't that the way all of the BOGers live their lives? I have and will continue to do so - outback and BOG rally - here we come! Cheers, Jay
AnswerID: 560160

Reply By: Luvntravln - Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 15:51

Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 15:51
Anthony Have you done any drawings for the genny box? Would you also mount the bikes on the A-frame? How much longer would you recommend I request on the A-frame? Speaking of larger fuel tanks, where do you store your petrol for the genny? Where would you draw the 12V supply for the cooling fan? Would you suggest if I were going to do what you are think I should plan for the 12V needs by having a set of leads made available at the front end of the BT during the wiring phase? Will definitely look into the Giant foldups - cycling is a big part of our lives. I was in QLD in September and did the week-long Cycle Queensland. Next week we are doing the Great Victorian ride, and in February we are doing two weeks with Bike Vic on South Island, New Zealand. Annexe pole tube - Any reason not to use a 6" PVC tube with a door at either end? Purpose of the tarp on top of the annexe top? Thanks, tgintl
AnswerID: 560161

Reply By: Turist - Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 15:52

Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 15:52
We use a plastic "Space Case" for storing genny fuel, chain saw & fuel, oil change for F250 etc.
These cases come in various sizes and are water tight and possibly gas tight.
This "P.O.L." box is carried in the back of the F250 inside a canopy and no fuel smells are evident.
If any containers leak (and chain saws always leak) the mess is contained and can easily be wiped out.
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 560162

Reply By: Luvntravln - Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 15:53

Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 15:53
Yup, familiar with the space cases. What type of container do you carry the petrol in: plastic or metal? How many ltrs of petrol do you keep onboard? tgintl
AnswerID: 560163

Reply By: Deleted User - Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 15:54

Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 15:54
Q.Have you done any drawings for the genny box? A. Not yet ...making it in cheap timber first (for testing) Q.Would you also mount the bikes on the A-frame? A. I have my girls bikes on their now ...the Giant foldups are going in the F250. Q .How much longer would you recommend I request on the A-frame? A. I went for the BTi recommended extended A-frame in hindsight I cant see the need for any longer. Q.Speaking of larger fuel tanks, where do you store your petrol for the genny? A. Approved "Reem" fuel container in a space case in back of F250. Q.Where would you draw the 12V supply for the cooling fan? Would you suggest if I were going to do what you are think I should plan for the 12V needs by having a set of leads made available at the front end of the BT during the wiring phase? A. Most gennies have an almost useless 12v outlet that pretend to charge batteries the fan power comes from this outlet ...start the genny voila the fan starts. Will definitely look into the Giant foldups - cycling is a big part of our lives. I was in QLD in September and did the week-long Cycle Queensland. Next week we are doing the Great Victorian ride, and in February we are doing two weeks with Bike Vic on South Island, New Zealand. Q.Annexe pole tube - Any reason not to use a 6" PVC tube with a door at either end? A. Nope !!! Just me over engineering as usual ...as Ernie says ..I'd make a beautiful aircraft but it would never fly because of the weight !!! [smile] Q.Purpose of the tarp on top of the annexe top? A. A tarp of around 20 sq metres coming off BT gives a great space for the kids to rummage around .... put a big table under .... cooking station ... esky ... four chairs ... my camp stretcher for afternoon naps with a "red"and when it rains gives a good area for 4-8 people. I can still erect the aussie traveller under the tarp with a view to making a screen room to protect from mossies etc and to eat meals outside etc. I'll see if I can dig up a pic .... Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 560164

Reply By: Deleted User - Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 15:55

Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 15:55
Jay, I've placed a couple of pics of the tarp up (one day/one night) in my album .... Bushtracker Stuff -n- About (Albums page 2) I only use it on stays of three nights or more ... Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 560165

Reply By: Turist - Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 15:56

Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 15:56
Space Cases.
I think it is the space case "standard" height of 400mm that I am using.
They will accept the Rheem 10ltr black plastic fuel containers.
The lid closes with just the right pressure on top of the fuel container to stop it moving around.
The Honda EU20i will run the air con for about 7 hours on a tankfull so I carry 2 containers of lead free for the geny, 2 containers engine oil, one container 2 stroke fuel plus chain saw, bar oil, 2 stroke oil and all fit in nicely.
Turist
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 560166

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 15:57

Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 15:57
Sorry guys, but what is a space case? Angie
AnswerID: 560167

Reply By: Rockgoc - Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 15:58

Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 15:58
<LABEL id=HbSession SessionId="3147034925"></LABEL> O.K. what about..............."Thank God It's Not The Leylands" Over to you..........
AnswerID: 560168

Reply By: Luvntravln - Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 15:59

Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 15:59
Rockgoc Paul already won the bananas! Read back in the thread. tgintl
AnswerID: 560169

Reply By: Luvntravln - Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 16:00

Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 16:00
Anthony, if you have the Aussie Traveler awning, what is the purpose of the tarp. Is it very much bigger than the roll-up awning? Stronger? More water proof? ????? Thanks, Jay
AnswerID: 560170

Reply By: Luvntravln - Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 16:01

Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 16:01
Turist, thanks for the spare fuels/oils info. I was with you until the "bar oil"! Que pasa? tgintl
AnswerID: 560171

Reply By: Luvntravln - Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 16:02

Sunday, Nov 16, 2003 at 16:02
Hi Turist, You went from an 18 to a 20; why not a 21 since the F-250 would not know the difference? If you were living in the BT full time, would you purchase a 21? Thanks, tgintl
AnswerID: 560172

Our Sponsors