Shoo Roos

Submitted: Thursday, Nov 20, 2003 at 03:50
ThreadID: 120241 Views:2803 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, Has anyone had experience with this device on their 4WD. We've worn a couple of kangaroos and amazingly escaped an emu that went between our 4wd and camper trailer travelling at about 95ks - he was a true road runner! Shoo Roos have been around for a while so thought someone may have first hand experience. Thanks, Helen
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Wilmo7 - Thursday, Nov 20, 2003 at 03:52

Thursday, Nov 20, 2003 at 03:52
Gidday! I have been a Patrol Padre in NW Qld for the past 7 years and have driven about 250,000 kms in 80 Series Land Cruiser (most of it off road). I fitted Shoo Roos first in '97 (the passive type - not the powered type). I have only hit one roo since and he sort of exploded out from under a grid in surprise and ran the wrong way. My experience is that as you approach a roo/s they hear the whistle and sit up with their ears moving to seek the source of the whistle. Having "tracked" you as it were, they seem less likely to startle and run onto the track. Quite often they just watch me speed by without trying to move. In fact I have got so confident that I often do not slow down when approaching roos. I just watch carefully and if I sense that thay are tracking me I just keep going. You have to keep the shoo roos clean, and I do this by regularly hosing them out when washing the vehicle. Hope this helps Len
AnswerID: 560227

Reply By: TripnTaps - Thursday, Nov 20, 2003 at 03:53

Thursday, Nov 20, 2003 at 03:53
Hi Len, Thanks for that feedback on the Shoo Roos. Sounds like its worth the investment - well tested sounding by the k's you've travelled. Regards, Helen
AnswerID: 560228

Our Sponsors