Rally Site Vote

Submitted: Friday, Nov 21, 2003 at 03:33
ThreadID: 120247 Views:4633 Replies:10 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
OK, the managers get the message from the masses.
Although only about 4 suggestions have been posted (dissapointing) we need to move towards making a decision for 2004 so that members can plan ahead.
I have set up a new page so that you can vote for or against a site chosen from the "2004 Rally Sites" list.
Please make a brief comment when you post your vote.
The suggested timing is for late winter again, around September, same as last time.
The weather is normally more stable at that time of year.

If you have another site in mind please list it in the Rally Sites section.

Regards to all
Turist
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: TripnTaps - Friday, Nov 21, 2003 at 03:35

Friday, Nov 21, 2003 at 03:35
Hi Bob,
Can you help out us who ain't so c'puter/msn literate.
Went to the site for voting and only found Cania Gorge there. How do you
access the voting for or against and are there other pages.
Are you going to consider the discussion a few of us have
touched on today re... dare I say it ....dogs.
Will the managers consider an alternate venue if a NPark is
selected ie Cania Gorge or is that for us dog families to make an alternate
rally.
Last question how far back is this discussion cause I can't
find it on the BOG general message column - only in my in-box.... I'm getting
the hang of this gear s l o w l y.... but forget a chat .... I can only go for
coffee!!!
Regards,
Helen
AnswerID: 560272

Reply By: Luvntravln - Friday, Nov 21, 2003 at 03:36

Friday, Nov 21, 2003 at 03:36
To dog or not to dog, that is the question! Turist please advise all of us which sites, if you know, that are on the 2004 suggestions would exclude Boggers with pets. I am a newbie, a dog lover, I would not travel with pets because I do not think it is fair to the pet, and I do not believe that this early in the Boggers formation there should be a divisive issue. There are so many places that we can go that permit pets, and so many places groups of us can meet at other times during the year that exclude pets, that I do not believe we should choose a site that will exclude Boggers if there are a significant number of Boggers that travel with pets. The issue for me is whether in fact this is a significant issue, or an issue limited to one Bogger family as compared to 25 - 50 Bogger families. Perhaps a quick response can be had from Boggers other than Lilymac that would be travelling with pets. If there are no others, then the desire of the vast majority for a particular site should control; if there are a significant number of Boggers with pets then we should go to a site that permits pets. That's my view! tgintl
AnswerID: 560273

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Friday, Nov 21, 2003 at 03:37

Friday, Nov 21, 2003 at 03:37
For those looking for the VOTE area, have a look on the left hand side of the page in the grey area, down the bottom of the list. Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

AnswerID: 560274

Reply By: Turist - Friday, Nov 21, 2003 at 03:38

Friday, Nov 21, 2003 at 03:38
To helen
There is another page "2004 Rally Sites" that contains suggestions put forward over the past few months.
Click on the page title in the left margin.

For the doggy people.
I will step aside from the pro's 'n cons of travelling with pooches but I will research to see who will/wont accommodate woofers.

Regards
Turist
"Do It While You Can"

AnswerID: 560275

Reply By: Luvntravln - Friday, Nov 21, 2003 at 03:39

Friday, Nov 21, 2003 at 03:39
It is a bit cumbersome to edit prior comments so I am using this mechanism!! NossaBT wrote about Copeton Dam SRA: "An area near water always seems to appeal to most people. This area is easy to access by major highways from Vic, NSW and Qld. Has advantage of being able to get supplies from nearby large town. So that those with school children can attend, September School Holidays would be ideal time. Qld hols are 18/9 to 3/10. This will allow people to attend Gympie Country Music Muster (last week of August), Go to Birdsville for Races (4-5/9) and get back to Copeton Dam in time for rally." For those unfamiliar with the Muster (ME!!), here is the description from cyberspace: http://www.muster.com.au/TheEvent/factsatglance.html TOYOTA NATIONAL COUNTRY MUSIC MUSTER
FACTS AT A GLANCE When? TUESDAY AUGUST 24 - SUNDAY 29,2004 Where? AMAMOOR CREEK STATE FOREST PARK VIA GYMPIE, QLD What is it? The Toyota Muster is the most spectacular celebration of music in the country with 12 on-site venues featuring country, blues, bush poets, bluegrass, talent search, country dance, a wine bar/restaurant, kids country...all for one ticket price! Plenty of facilities for DIY campers, or on and off-site accommodation packages are available. For those unfamiliar with the Races (ME!!), again from cyberspace:http://www.birdsvilleraces.com/index.html Friday 5th September Racing starts 1:00pm
Entrance $12
Gate proceeds benefit RFDS & Birdsville Clinic Friday Night Dance Party
Gates open 8:00pm
Entrance $20
Featuring – The Brian Young Show Dress: Neat Casual – No singlets, shorts or thongs
Saturday 6th September

Racing starts 1:00pm
Entrance $12
Gate proceeds benefit RFDS & Birdsville Clinic Saturday Night Dance Party
Gates open 8:00pm
Entrance $20
Featuring – The Brian Young Show Dress: Semi-Formal – no t-shirts, singlets, shorts, thongs

Brian's analysis seems to make perfect sense and allows all things for all people! Accordingly I will revote again for this location from 18/9 to 3/10, hope it is chosen and look forward to seeing everyone at the other locations too! Cheers, tgintl/Jay
AnswerID: 560276

Reply By: Luvntravln - Friday, Nov 21, 2003 at 03:40

Friday, Nov 21, 2003 at 03:40
FYI - what I posted as a description of the races was for 2003. In 2004 the dates are 3 & 4 September. tgintl
AnswerID: 560277

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Friday, Nov 21, 2003 at 03:41

Friday, Nov 21, 2003 at 03:41
Hi all, we have voted for Copeton Dam (although I think Ivan was asleep at the time), but there doesn't seem to be much information about the resources available there on the net. Am I missing a good site? Angie 250 days to go
AnswerID: 560278

Reply By: Turist - Friday, Nov 21, 2003 at 03:42

Friday, Nov 21, 2003 at 03:42
Hi Angie.
Search on "Inverell", "Copeton Dam", "Copeton Dam SRA" ' "State Recreation Areas NSW"
You should get results from all areas.
Another source is the Inverell Visitor Information Service.

We have camped there a few times, if you need to know something specific ask and I will try to answer.

The SRA campground is on the West side of the lake. There is another campground on the North shore but it is only 17 Kl from town and popular with the local water skiers.

There are gem fossicking sites nearby for those who wish to make thier fortune while attending the rally.

Regards
Turist
"Do It While You Can"

AnswerID: 560279

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Nov 21, 2003 at 03:43

Friday, Nov 21, 2003 at 03:43
This message has been deleted by the manager or assistant manager.
AnswerID: 560280

Reply By: Turist - Friday, Nov 21, 2003 at 03:44

Friday, Nov 21, 2003 at 03:44
Whoops, posted the wrong url

http://www.stateparks.nsw.gov.au/copeton.html

This will take you there
"Do It While You Can"

AnswerID: 560281

Our Sponsors