216 messages per day

Submitted: Thursday, Nov 27, 2003 at 03:09
ThreadID: 120259 Views:3290 Replies:8 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Yesterday I went in and changed my public email address to jdg_tgi@yahoo.com. This is what the settings showed: E-mail Settings
The e-mail address for this group is
BushtrackerOwnersGroup@groups.msn.com.
Add or change your e-mail address. <<Tell Me More...Tell Me More...

The e-mail address you provide allows you to send and receive group e-mail. If you have joined a group before and provided an address, it will appear here. You may hide your e-mail address from group members via the check box, but please be aware that e-mail sent from your e-mail service to the group may expose your e-mail address.
<INPUT maxLength=128 size=40 value=jdg_tgi@yahoo.com name=Email>
<INPUT id=SE type=checkbox CHECKED value=1 name=ShowEmail> <LABEL for=SE>Allow other group members to see my e-mail address.</LABEL>
Select how you want to read group messages. <<Tell Me More...Tell Me More...

E-mail sent to this group is added to the message board along with all messages that are posted there directly. In addition to being able to read this group's message board, you can have all messages forwarded to your e-mail inbox.

This group receives an average of 216 messages per day.
<INPUT id=r3 type=radio CHECKED value=1 name=RecEmail> <LABEL for=r3>Inbox:</LABEL>
Send all messages immediately to my e-mail inbox. <INPUT id=r2 type=radio value=2 name=RecEmail> <LABEL for=r2>Daily Digest:</LABEL>
Send compiled messages to my e-mail inbox at the end of the day. <INPUT id=r1 type=radio value=0 name=RecEmail> <LABEL for=r1>On the Web:</LABEL>
I'll read the messages online.
Cool Feature
Managers, did you know we are receiving an average of 216 messages per day? Inerestingly, I am still receiving the messages at the old address. Guess even Bill Gates' computers run slow with 216 messagel per day! Cheers, tgintl/jay
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Turist - Thursday, Nov 27, 2003 at 03:11

Thursday, Nov 27, 2003 at 03:11
We also now have 192 members on this forum.
I must admit to being both surprised and pleased with the result.
When I put the site together early last year I expected about 50 or so interested people would contribute.
Someone with a Yankee accent told me it would'nt last.
Possibly resulted in some sales that BT would not have accomplished had the site not existed.
It would certainly have improved the profit line for BT with all the extras being added to vans as a direct result of this forum.
Turist
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 560382

Reply By: Luvntravln - Thursday, Nov 27, 2003 at 03:12

Thursday, Nov 27, 2003 at 03:12
Turist, even with 192 members we aren't seeing 216 messages. Regarding BT, thre is no doubt that this site has resulted in sales of BTs - ME for one!! - and also resulted in lots of upgrades by everyone. All of which Steve will complain is causing the vans to weight too much. You should see some of the mail I receive about the weight of this and the weight of that and how all of the 100 - 200 goodies which each in and of themselves are great and all add up to an extra 300 -500 kg. Wouldn't it be interesting to get Steve around a campfire with a few under the belt ? tgintl/jay PS - Thank you very much for putting the site together - you did and great job and run a great informative friendly and funny site. See ya down the line. Cruisers sign off with "fair winds and following seas". How do you sign off? "May the corrugations melt into the roadway"? "Smooth roadways and following winds (uses less fuel than head winds)"? Cheers
AnswerID: 560383

Reply By: Turist - Thursday, Nov 27, 2003 at 03:13

Thursday, Nov 27, 2003 at 03:13
I think that the 216 messages a day is a Bill Gates calculation.
Like most other info put out by MSN it's not accurate.
Turist
"Do It While You Can"

AnswerID: 560384

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Thursday, Nov 27, 2003 at 03:14

Thursday, Nov 27, 2003 at 03:14
Well I know where quite a few of those messages have come from since the 7th November 2003! LOL. Angie
AnswerID: 560385

Reply By: Turist - Thursday, Nov 27, 2003 at 03:15

Thursday, Nov 27, 2003 at 03:15
I should of course mention that I am not looking for thanks for my undying efforts, hours sweating over a hot keyboard etc etc.

Gratuities however are another subject.

Glenfiddich, Black Label, Glenmorangie, Glendronach.........

See you at the rally
Turist
"Do It While You Can"

AnswerID: 560386

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Thursday, Nov 27, 2003 at 03:16

Thursday, Nov 27, 2003 at 03:16
Bob, I know that there has been a lot of things happening on this site since it started, but it really did only start in February THIS YEAR, When you see the number of comments on this site and compare them to the Caravaners Forum with hundreds more members, this site appears to be here to stay. Bob said, When I put the site together early last year I expected about 50 or so interested people would contribute.
Steve has his reasons for not advertising the site to prospective buyers, but I wonder if he could be swayed to let people know about the site after they have purchased their vans. That way they won't have added the extra kgs during construction because of the BOG site. All it would take is a page in their caravan manual. Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

AnswerID: 560387

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Nov 27, 2003 at 03:17

Thursday, Nov 27, 2003 at 03:17
Sorry Brian but I think Steven T. is damned if he does and damned if he doesnt. Imagine getting the owners manual and seeing the URL for BOG ...you get into the site and start reading ....... ok ! I shoudda got the extended drawbar .... shoudda got the webasto ...shoudda got the widebody ensuite ....shoudda got the handrail ...shoudda got the Maco Mule ....why is the tyre going down all the time !!! We would be like a giant aussie March fly .... ever present .... with the occasional bite .... hard to swipe at ,even with a No 12 thong .... and new potential members of the swarm appear at about 10 a month ! [proboscisGrin] Anthony Explore this Great Land ... Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 560388

Reply By: Luvntravln - Thursday, Nov 27, 2003 at 03:18

Thursday, Nov 27, 2003 at 03:18
Anthony - well said: "shoudda . . . . ." I know if I had decided to purchase a BT independent of this site (in fact, without this site and all the good things said I wouldn't be purchasing a BT) AND THEN either met some of you on the road or found this site, I would have filled Steve's ear with "why didn't you at least offer me these options?", and "what do you mean it is going to cost significantly more to upgrade now when I could have done it for a lot less if you would have told me the options were available?" In my view the buyer that is committed to paying for a BT and wants the best money can but also wants to know about the options to make his high-priced hotel on wheels that much more comfortable - expecially those that live in there rolling homes full-time. It doesn't appear that the cost of most of the options that this group has installed has stopped anyone from installing them. tgintl/jay
AnswerID: 560389

Our Sponsors