leaving

Submitted: Saturday, Nov 29, 2003 at 10:28
ThreadID: 120265 Views:3126 Replies:11 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, Well our time has come, we leave on Monday for the 13 month 'trip'. We hope we have done all the things we needed to do and hope that anything forgotten can be purchased on the road. Unfortunately we will not be around for the September trip next year, however this place sounds like it shouldn't be missed so we have added it to our south bound destiny. If everything goes to plan we should be there next week and will stay a couple of days to check it out. Hope all those that go really enjoy the trip, wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and safe New Year. I hope to log in whenever I can to catch up on the gossip and things and may even need advice on problems that we encounter. Kerrie, Paul and David
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, Nov 29, 2003 at 10:30

Saturday, Nov 29, 2003 at 10:30
Hey Guys, That must be the Bushtracker Owners lament .... What we've forgotten we'll buy on the road. As we go up the driveway that's what we say also !!! Is that why I have six gas stoves .... !!! ??? [grin][only jokin'] I'm certainly envious ....the 13 month trip ..... good luck to ya !!!! What an exciting time for you, enjoy ..... compliments of the season .... have a safe journey. Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land .... Do it Easy (for 13 months) ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 560423

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Saturday, Nov 29, 2003 at 10:31

Saturday, Nov 29, 2003 at 10:31
We hope you have a great trip. You will have to put regular reports on the site giving us updates on where you have been and what places we shouldn't miss when the rest of us are travelling in those areas. We hope you all have a Merry Christmas on the road somewhere and have a safe and enjoyable trip. Angie will be crying when she reads this so you had better put some photos on to keep her happy while she waits for August to roll on. Brian & Margaret
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 560424

Reply By: Tassietracker5 - Saturday, Nov 29, 2003 at 10:32

Saturday, Nov 29, 2003 at 10:32
Hi Please feel free to give us a call when you get to Hobart, we would love to catch up. Our contact details are on the Boggers Owners List, don't forget to pack it! Have a fantastic time. Tassietracker5
AnswerID: 560425

Reply By: Tassietracker5 - Saturday, Nov 29, 2003 at 10:33

Saturday, Nov 29, 2003 at 10:33
Deaf nomads Are you too still intending to visit Tassie in Jan 04? Let us know your dates and we could all catch up. Dominique and Rod
AnswerID: 560426

Reply By: Rockgoc - Saturday, Nov 29, 2003 at 10:34

Saturday, Nov 29, 2003 at 10:34
<LABEL id=HbSession SessionId="512402375"></LABEL> Hey Gadgets! Go Go Gadget trippers! Have a wonderful time, and remember, if you're at Ayers Rock Resort, call in and say hello (I'm in the photo lab), and if Ian sees you fuelling up at the Mobil, you'll most certainly be meeting him! He keeps an eye out for B/Trackers and just HAS to have a chat. (This drives the wives crazy as all they want to do is shop! And the blokes just want to talk Bushtrackers!) Safe journey! Regards, Jan & Ian
AnswerID: 560427

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, Nov 29, 2003 at 10:35

Saturday, Nov 29, 2003 at 10:35
Hi! There Folks. Have a great trip and if you are in the Whitsundays feel free to give us a call, our mobile is 043 826 94 57 just in case we have sold and are living in the kids back yard, other wise our details are in the phone book. We hope to be hitting the road March/ April next year just depends on how the sale goes and then the renovations on our 2nd daughters house. Safe trip & Smooth roads!!!!! Lynne & Terry Lorraway
AnswerID: 560428

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Saturday, Nov 29, 2003 at 10:36

Saturday, Nov 29, 2003 at 10:36
And if you ever get as far as London in your Bushtracker............ No? Well, have a wonderful and safe trip anyway. And as Brian said don't forget the photos 'cause Angie luuuuurves photos. Do try and keep everyone updated occasionally as to where you are - you never know who will be just around the corner that you can catch up with. Angie 244 days to go and green with envy LOL
AnswerID: 560429

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, Nov 29, 2003 at 10:37

Saturday, Nov 29, 2003 at 10:37
Hi Tassietracker, At this stage it is undecided. Depending on work availablility in WA we may have to postpone our trip to Tassie til Dec 2004. I will keep you informed as soon as events pan out. We are hoping to go to Tassie in January. Would be great to catch up. Cheers, Mike, Mel & Jaz.
AnswerID: 560430

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, Nov 29, 2003 at 10:38

Saturday, Nov 29, 2003 at 10:38
Hi tassietracker, We will be arriving in Tassie on the 6-1-04 and then driving down to Cambridge where we are spending 15 days before moving onto Cole Bay. The lady and friend that I am renting my house to will also be down there for a holiday. It will be her last day on our first, so we will catch up with her also for dinner on this night. Hope to catch up with you guys as well, I have packed your phone numbers. Kerrie
AnswerID: 560431

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, Nov 29, 2003 at 10:39

Saturday, Nov 29, 2003 at 10:39
Hi Dominique and Rod, We are definitely coming to Tassie in January. We anticipate arriving in the vicinity between 3rd and 7th January. Staying for 4 weeks. From your experiences in using the Spirit of Tasmania, how soon must a booking be made? I just went onto the website tonight an there was availability on the 3rd, and the 5th. Our mobile number is 0439323625 SMS only (we use text messaging on mobiles). Kind regards, Melinda, Michael and Jasmine (4).
AnswerID: 560432

Reply By: Tassietracker5 - Saturday, Nov 29, 2003 at 10:40

Saturday, Nov 29, 2003 at 10:40
Dear Melinda, Michael and Jasmine Regarding Spirit of Tas, I would call today, you will need to know the combined length of your car+caravan and also have the rego numbers handy too. Ask if there are any "Apex fares" available although I doubt it this close to leaving and in the peak season. Hope to catch up, gadget 1 will be in Tassie and in Hobart from the 6th Jan and are staying at Cambridge (in the caravan park I presume) which is about 15 minutes from the city centre and we live about 5 minutes from city centre. It would be great it we could all catch up together, we would LOVE to see your vans as we don't take delivery until April 04. Let me know when you have booked and what your Tassie agenda might be. Dominique and Rod Tassietracker 5
AnswerID: 560433

Our Sponsors