annexe walls

Submitted: Tuesday, Dec 02, 2003 at 01:56
ThreadID: 120270 Views:2998 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Although I'm not a Bushtracker owner, we do have a Trakmaster van but not very many owners are interested in sharing ideas etc over the net. In fact there are only 5 messages on the Trakmaster site and I wrote 3 of them. Anyway, thought you guys might have some ideas for us. We are looking at getting an annexe made for our van but want one that is suitable for hot climates. We intend to follow the sun next year as permanent nomads. Have heard about ones made of shade cloth and others of insect screen. Does any one have one of these or something even better? We are not really interested in privacy, more for shade and insect free. There apparently is a huge price difference between different % for shade cloth, and the dealer here in Vic thought the insect screens would last or be very strong. Does anyone have any suggestions? We will be on the Sunshine Coast in early Feb so would be able to visit dealers if there are any worth talking to? kiwibiv
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motley - Tuesday, Dec 02, 2003 at 01:58

Tuesday, Dec 02, 2003 at 01:58
There is a flyscreen product which is quite strong and a much finer mesh than the others. It's called No-See-Um mesh and is designed to keep out sandflies and other critters that are much smaller than your normal mozzie. If I was following the sun, I would be going for this mesh. As to who supplies it, I think it's anproprietary product because I've seen a number of tent manufacturers use it. You could try OzTent - they might be able to point you in the right direction (02) 9757 4466
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 560464

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Dec 02, 2003 at 01:59

Tuesday, Dec 02, 2003 at 01:59
We recently had a see-through "windbreak" made by Aussie Traveller for our Aussie Traveller awning, and they recommended the insect screen material as being superior to shade cloth in terms of strength and (I think) some UV resistance properties. Phil
AnswerID: 560465

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Dec 02, 2003 at 02:00

Tuesday, Dec 02, 2003 at 02:00
I know this is not great for daily setups but griff's annexe with the large screened areas is a great idea. You roll up the annexe wall to reveal almost a full screen wall for summer and insects ...then for some privacy/wind break just drop the wall you want. I had a good look at it at Woodford and thought it a good combination screen room/annexe. It was made at aussie traveller I believe ... Griff might even have a pic of it with a wall up ? Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 560466

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Tuesday, Dec 02, 2003 at 02:01

Tuesday, Dec 02, 2003 at 02:01
Conrad and Niza have a full fly screen annex for their 23ft van that was made by Aussie Traveller and for their size van it cost $800. It seemed to kept out all the insects, including sand flys. We also found that it also reduced some wind, even though it was only fly screen. Conrad who lives on the Gold Coast can be contacted on 0418 756 605 if you want any further information on his. I dare say some other brand off road caravan owners like yourself might join this site as it seems to cover so many subjects that are common to all these types of caravans. Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 560467

Our Sponsors