FTroop Cafe??

Submitted: Saturday, Dec 06, 2003 at 04:24
ThreadID: 120276 Views:5640 Replies:7 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Anyone know what is/has happened to Jan and Graham? Angie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, Dec 06, 2003 at 04:26

Saturday, Dec 06, 2003 at 04:26
Angie, I've just spent an enjoyable few days with Jan and Graham. One day at Somerset Dam near Bris for lunch. The other two days we worked on his F250 at my place .... fitted a trans temp and oil temp gauge. Graham is now up to speed on the "effie" oil change procedure and a few other maintenance procedures. I think they said they have to back around the 19th Dec ..so are still on the road til then and obviously offline at worst or restricted net usage at best. Last I heard was last Monday (1st) morning he rang from Burrum Heads to tell me about the mudcrab he was eating .... which gave me a chance to tell him I'm gunna sock him in the arm and run next time I see him ... only if he keeps up the mudcrab stories of course. [acaseoftheCrabsGrin] Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 560489

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Saturday, Dec 06, 2003 at 04:27

Saturday, Dec 06, 2003 at 04:27
Thanks Anthony, not used to them being so quiet for so long LOL. Good to know they are okay and enduring life on the road. Isn't Graham a Bogger to do that to you? I think we had better get used to hearing these kind of stories from them. LOL. They seem to be getting into the swing of things quite well. Angie
AnswerID: 560490

Reply By: Dusky - Saturday, Dec 06, 2003 at 04:28

Saturday, Dec 06, 2003 at 04:28
Anthony, I intend to purchase an F250. Can you please supply some details about the type of servicings that you undertake on your F250 such as how often, types of oils and filters used, quantities and any other relevant servicing info - maintenance procedures. Thanks, Dusky
AnswerID: 560491

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, Dec 06, 2003 at 04:29

Saturday, Dec 06, 2003 at 04:29
Hi everyone, just a quick note to let you all know how we are going. We are still on the Sunshine Coast, having a ball. We spent a week uop at Sommerset Dam with Tunza & Mona then went up to Burrum Heads with them for a week. It's all part of our training, you see. We have spent lots of money on crab pots and red claw pots and then eationg the results of this capital expenditature. Yum yum yum. We also spent a few days at Nambucca Heads where we tried out the VWall tavern (at Turists recomendation). Lots of nice cold bevvies. I am currently using Monas PC as we have found it way to slow to bother using our laptop and mobile phone system. We'll have to work on this set up when we get back. And yes, we do have to go back home at sometime to resupply and pat the pussies. Okay all, we shall be back on the air after the 21Dec. Safe travels to anyone who is hitting the road soon.
Bye for now Jan & Graham =^..^=

Hot chart ringtones and polyphonics. Click here
AnswerID: 560492

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Saturday, Dec 06, 2003 at 04:30

Saturday, Dec 06, 2003 at 04:30
Thanks Jan and Graham, Good to know you guys are doing fine. We miss you on the forum. Hope you will have a nice little report and maybe some photos for Angie from your traipsing around when you get back home? Did Graham's Dad go with you this trip and if so, how is he coping? Angie
AnswerID: 560493

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, Dec 06, 2003 at 04:31

Saturday, Dec 06, 2003 at 04:31
G'day Dusky, The F250 dealer services can be quite expensive especially the filters etc. I use Baldwin USA filters on my effie and they offer substantial savings e.g. the genuine fuel filter costs around $170 the Baldwin around $30. Some care is needed to install the fuel filter. The o ring seal/filter housing seal mating area must be absolutely free of particulate material during installation to stop capillary action of distillate past the o ring. The filter must be tightened to the torque spec (10-15ft lbs) and then retightened after the engine is warm. I found this out the hard way with the smell of diesel coming forth at the first stop after fitting a new filter. I put this down to housing expansion when at operating temp which released the filter thread just enough to leak a little. After the operating temp retighten it has not leaked since (pre-cania). I use lint free cloth to clean surfaces before fitment. The original filter uses a special spanner to undo/install .... the Baldwin has a 1/2 inch socket drive in the centre so is easily tightened by a 1/2 rachet handle (torque wrench) and 4" extension. I purchase all my filter gear from Brisbane Air Cleaner but similar type businesses operate in all capitals at the least. Filter numbers are ... Oil Filter : Baldwin B7039 Air Cleaner : Baldwin PA 4120 Fuel Filter : Baldwin PF 7698 This info probably deserves its own thread so I might shift it and add a few musings over the next few days ..... Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 560494

Reply By: Dusky - Saturday, Dec 06, 2003 at 04:32

Saturday, Dec 06, 2003 at 04:32
Anthony, Thanks for the filter info. I will keep all this info on hand for when Santa brings the new F250. A friend advised recently that he undertakes all the oil and filter changes on his in warranty cruiser and then pays to have the remainder of the service undertaken by the dealer. He stated that this resulted in a substantial saving and did not jeopardise the cruiser warranty. Any other gems of wisdom Anthony, will be greatly appreciated. Best regards, Dusky
AnswerID: 560495

Our Sponsors