Ensuite

Submitted: Thursday, Dec 18, 2003 at 08:10
ThreadID: 120294 Views:2806 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
For those current BT owners, do you have any way of making a shelf in the ensuite using suction cups? Like those shower shelves with suction cups and hangers that go over the shower heads. Any ideas for the use of shampoos and shaving creams to be easily accessed without opening the waterproof locker?? ta, michael
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Dec 18, 2003 at 08:12

Thursday, Dec 18, 2003 at 08:12
Michael, I'm not sure if the suction cups would adhere for long on the gel coat textured finish in the ensuite. I have used double sided tape in the ensuite on a soap holder and it has proved itself kid-proof. There are some great lightweight plastic shelves that would be suitable as an "odds" shelf when at rest ...[smile] Double sided has the advantage of being removable later and no screw holes etc. There is a proviso or two .... I use 3M 25mm wide as I've found some other brands dont adhere. Also wipe the area on the shelf and the wall with an alcohol swab or Isocol or similar before putting tape on and sticking to wall. I have a timber knife magnet above the stove on wall and a key block above the sink both held on with double sided tape and have not come adrift (1 year or so) touch wood. <o:p></o:p> <o:p>Another thing that might work is a couple of those 3M hooks that come with double sided tape and make something like a builders nail pouch maybe with two eyelets to hang on the hooks. In grey canvas with a drain hole or two would be neat.</o:p> Just a thought .... Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ..Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 560591

Our Sponsors