Tinnie vs Zodiac

Submitted: Friday, Dec 19, 2003 at 17:47
ThreadID: 120296 Views:3088 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
This is a subject that often comes up in Caravan & 4WD forums but I was reminded of the issue again when an e-mail from a fellow BT owner included the info that they were changing from a Zodiac to a Tinnie. At the same time were were laying out a plan for next year - this includes a bit of whiting fishing etc in the Bite & a couple of weeks barra fishing in the Gulf. Both of these pleasures are, I would assume, denied to Zodiac Owners. Angie et al if you plan to get the most out of your BT including a bit of fishing will a Zodiac do the job? Andy
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Dec 19, 2003 at 17:49

Friday, Dec 19, 2003 at 17:49
On a puerly personaly leval, as someone who lives to fish, I just wouldn't feel safe in a Zodiac. Pulling in crab pots, gaffing the big one or poking up small creeks chasing prawns with a cast net. We did consider going that rout until I saw an adventure doco where the Zodiac went flat out at sea and it was a race to get to land befor it sank in shark infested waters. Not for me!!!!! Also we didn't want to be too limited as to where we could go and what we could do. We love our Tinnie, you can see it in the photo album. Tight lines Lynne
AnswerID: 560605

Reply By: F Troop - Friday, Dec 19, 2003 at 17:50

Friday, Dec 19, 2003 at 17:50
Hi All, Yep, I'm dumping the Zodiac, and I have picked up my new tinny a 3.7 mt Stessel Edge tracker lite. The theory of a Zodiac was great, Sea kayaks on the roof and duck in the back, all packed well, till time to use them, one hour to unpack and inflate the duck an extra 30 minuets to put the special bulldog together, when done great!! BUT then deflate and pack duck, unbolt the extras from the trailer and pack it all away. One and a half hours later in 37 deg heat not my idea of fun. I found the duck a great boat to play with, but it has restrictions, so if any one wants to bye a 3.5 mt Zodiac Mark 1 hard floor with all the mods for a Bulldog trailer I have one only 10 hours old used in fresh water once. Not the best way to start a sales pitch but hey! your all boggers and I can’t con a bog! Graham
AnswerID: 560606

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Dec 19, 2003 at 17:51

Friday, Dec 19, 2003 at 17:51
Would like some input on Tarpon boats they only weigh 45kg made of carbon fibre. Would like to know how they go etc. Thanks in advance Macka
AnswerID: 560607

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Dec 19, 2003 at 17:52

Friday, Dec 19, 2003 at 17:52
Hi Graham and Jan

I want to make an offer ring me ring me now.

Can you throw a cast net.

Have you got a boat?

Send picture of boat?

Hope you have a very merry new Year and dont drink too much thinking of you

Tunza and Mona

Went to Biloela and we got heaps of redclaw and we were thinking of you when eating them could have spent more time out there but had to some home.

Hot chart ringtones and polyphonics. Click here
AnswerID: 560608

Reply By: F Troop - Friday, Dec 19, 2003 at 17:53

Friday, Dec 19, 2003 at 17:53
Have rung & offer rejected, thanks any way. Graham
AnswerID: 560609

Our Sponsors