hi from dublin

Submitted: Monday, Dec 29, 2003 at 15:21
ThreadID: 120308 Views:2759 Replies:8 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone from Dublin Ireland. We can't tell you about our caravanning trips around Aus so thought I would tell you about our trip around Ireland if and when I get chance to send messages. We arrived today and landed in Dublin to a cold cold cold day. Although there was sun out the tour guide didn't know what the "disc" in the sky was. It is seen so seldom. We had a city tour today and of course you mainly see what they want you to see during that. Free evening although Ivan and I were too pooped to get out and explore much. Had a quiet dinner and now he is stretched out on the bed upstairs watching TV. Interesting huh? Tomorrow we head off towards Waterford, home of the crystal. Looking forward to that. I wonder if Steve would freak if I requested him to install a chandalier in our new van? More later. Angie Aaargh me darlin'
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Dec 29, 2003 at 15:23

Monday, Dec 29, 2003 at 15:23
This message has been deleted by the manager or assistant manager.
AnswerID: 560673

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Dec 29, 2003 at 15:24

Monday, Dec 29, 2003 at 15:24
Whatever you do Angie dont kiss the Blarney Stone least the flattery will flow for ever more !! [smile] A crystal roof ornament might not be the "in" thing but two Waterford crystal wine glasses to toast the BT the first night you sleep in it would be great. Just with coke in them understand .... do they make crystal coffee mugs ? [grin] As far as surprising Steven T. .... After ten months of the BOG, with some owners reading the site before taking delivery, nothing would surprise him anymore ! The kids and I are driving up to the Woodford showgrounds today to have lunch with Nomad. Giving "effie" a run up the highway .... bikes and esky loaded already ! I'll tell them your're in Ireland kissing sumthin' ..... " I'm not sure Ernie if it was the Blarney Stone or Ivan ! [stoneColdsmile] Anthony Explore this Great Land ... Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 560674

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Dec 29, 2003 at 15:25

Monday, Dec 29, 2003 at 15:25
Angie, If you go near Dingle have a look at the gates to Trant Hall which my family owned, my great aunt was the last Countess of Dingle. Macka
AnswerID: 560675

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Monday, Dec 29, 2003 at 15:26

Monday, Dec 29, 2003 at 15:26
Well, here I am in Waterford reporting in from an internet cafe. After a restless night (I had the pillow from Hell) we woke to a lovely breakfast (full Irish) and set off at 8.15am for the Irish National Stud farm at Kildare. Saw a horse worth 10 million euro with a service fee of 85,000 euro. He loved having his photo taken too. Then we toured down to Kilkenny and had a lovely wander through the town. Now we have travelled through the Irish countryside to Waterford, a lovely port town in the south of Ireland. Here overnight. Ivan has gone for a run (well that's what he told me he was going to do when I left the motel although a warm room might mean he will do some horizontal meditation first). Have seen very few caravans and motorhomes here in ireland. Guess it is a little too cool for them to be travelling around here at the moment. More likely to be in Spain or somewhere else on the continent. Around about 0 degrees here today. Been a struggle to keep warm. Anthony, don't worry about me kissing the Blarney stone. It's lips will be a trifle too cool for me. Would rather go for the warmer variety. If you can email me with your address I will send the girls a postcard. Macka, don't know if we go in/or near Dingle, but will keep an eye out. No promises. Angie
AnswerID: 560676

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Dec 29, 2003 at 15:27

Monday, Dec 29, 2003 at 15:27
Thanks Angie just thought it might give you something interesting if you go up that way. Have a good time and don't forget the fishnets and stillettos Macka
AnswerID: 560677

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Dec 29, 2003 at 15:28

Monday, Dec 29, 2003 at 15:28
Hey Babe & Ivan. Did you get your matching pair of Waterford Coachlights? It would certainly add some much needed class around here! Griff et el Merry Christmas & Guinessey new yule
AnswerID: 560678

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Monday, Dec 29, 2003 at 15:29

Monday, Dec 29, 2003 at 15:29
Hi everyone, quick message from Galway Bay internet cafe. Waterford Crystal factory was closed. Saw the New Year in very quietly although the group all had dinner together. We are both excited about 2004 and will fill you in a little better when we get back. On our tour we have a guy who knows some workers at BT and says they really enjoy working there and are very proud of their work.

Gotta go as the credit is almost out.

Angie and Ivan xx
AnswerID: 560679

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Monday, Dec 29, 2003 at 15:30

Monday, Dec 29, 2003 at 15:30
Hi everyone, here is the last missif of our tour around good old Eire. We arrived back home this evening after having a long day travelling from Dublin via ferry to Holyhead in north Wales and then by train (grrrrrr) to London Euston. The train ride was from hell and took longer than we expected due to train malfunction. In the end they doubled services up and there were people standing in the carriages for 2-3 hours. The rest of our tour went well. We had a lovely time in Sligo and headed into Northern Ireland although the borders are definitely not as noticeable now that they are on Peace efforts Mark 54. Needless to say that we saw lots of beautiful scenery and the weather was very kind to us. I will post some photos in an album for about a month and then delete them. We bought Ivan a nice new Donegal tweed cap as his old one had just about expired. The problem with touring now is we have to ask ourselves continually "where will that fit in the BT or Effie?". If it won't, we don't buy it. Saves us money for toys when we get home I guess. Hope you are well and made it into the New Year okay. Not long to go now all you pending Bogger owners. Angie 207 days to go.
AnswerID: 560680

Our Sponsors