Generators & BT Battery Chargers

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 06, 2004 at 01:29
ThreadID: 120322 Views:2730 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Back in June 2003 we took our 35amp Battery Charger back to Bushtracker because it wouldn't work when we needed it to from our 2Kva Generator while camped for several days in wet conditions. BT checked it and said that there was nothing wrong with it but agreed to swap it over anyway. We paid the extra and got a 50amp charger that would be more suited to our 4 batteries. This 50amp charger has been working perfectly on mains power both when we were parked under very shady trees last week, we again required a bit a boost from the charger. Again this new charger would not work from the generator. I then checked the charger by connecting it to another generator, this one being a 1Kva Honda and also on mains powers and found that it is working perfectly again. I owe Bushtracker an apology for critising the previous battery charger, when the fault apparently lies in the quality of the 240V power being generated by the lower cost generator that we had. (No longer have it, gave it to the kids to use on their bush block) I am now going to buy a 2KvA Honda that produces pure sine wave power. The BT battery chargers must be fussy about the quality of the power it is receiving before it will operate. Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Our Sponsors