One or two generators

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 07, 2004 at 18:52
ThreadID: 120326 Views:2958 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Anthony, I have to start a new thread because somewhere you wrote that you had considered two Honda 20i in parallel and then said that when you take your big trip you are going to get one Honda 30i in a box on the draw bar. Two of the 20i weigh less, cost less, put our more power, and when you are not running the air con you can run only one of the 20i. Question: why one 30i instead of two 20i? Thanks in advance for the thoughts. tgintl/jay
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Turist - Wednesday, Jan 07, 2004 at 18:54

Wednesday, Jan 07, 2004 at 18:54
tgintl/jay

Have a look at posting #8 in the thread "Generators & Air Conditioners".
Should answer all your questions.

Regards
Turist
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 560793

Reply By: Luvntravln - Wednesday, Jan 07, 2004 at 18:55

Wednesday, Jan 07, 2004 at 18:55
Hi Turist I remember your posting and that is what initially moved me back to one 20i instead of either 2 x 20i or a 30i. Somewhere I recall Anthony "recently" indicating that he will still upgrade his 20i to a 30i when they go off on their big trip. Regards and look forward to meeting you at Copeton. tgintl/jay PS: Tomorrow we leave Melbourne and we meet with Tunza & Mona in Noosa(sunday) and check out their storage boxes , BTi mon/tues) as we do friendly negotiations over how we want OUR Bustracker fitted out, Anthony in Brighton (wed) to see all of his electrical and mechanical "home made - I saved a lot of bucks" upgrades and to sit at the feet of one of the resident gurus , Bob Lemon in Eight Mile Plains (thurs) to see all of his upgrades and the F-250 canopy, and Griff in Frenchs Forest (we get to sleep in the "beast" on saturday night) and drink cuppas from his high tech over the top machine as we do the BT purchase , investigate , ponder , and become even more excited as the terrible disease BATTS takes hold of us physcially and mentally. When do we want it? I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who whould have thought that purchasing a caravan - opps not just a mere caravan it's a Bushtracker! - would consume my every waking moment and many of my sleeping moments too!
AnswerID: 560794

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Wednesday, Jan 07, 2004 at 18:56

Wednesday, Jan 07, 2004 at 18:56
Jay and Jackie, I hope you have just the bestest time on your trip to see BTi and all those other lovely people. You are well armed with information, and a good idea of what you are looking for. The day at the factory has the potential to boggle the brain but I think you will both handle it well. Happy tripping and ordering. Don't forget to take photos at the factory, you can then put them on a changing basis on your desktop until your ship comes in. What a great New Year present to yourselves. Angie
AnswerID: 560795

Reply By: Deleted User - Wednesday, Jan 07, 2004 at 18:57

Wednesday, Jan 07, 2004 at 18:57
Jay, I went for the 3.0 because on paper it is only 51db verses 59 db and you can run it through the night because of its larger fuel tank ...electric start etc !! But like so many things on paper the real world is quite different. Bob's experience with the 2.0 means a re-think ...I think ! [smile] If you need more than 2 but not more than 3 I'd still go the 3 as it has to be quieter than 2x2's running .... running 1x3 at 51db V 2x2 at 59db. You do pay a weight penalty of 20 kg-ish ...starting to go in circles now !!! [grin] Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 560796

Our Sponsors