what to and whatnot to

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 20, 2004 at 02:56
ThreadID: 120341 Views:3096 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I think I have it thanks Motley new at this. My question is what formular if any can I use to decide what my wife and I may need and how far to take the trip we want. Having in mind this weight problem that some of you seem to talk about a lot. I dont want to concider a fseries to big I think for us. I am thinking of 4x4s like Nissan,Toyota and Landrover.I would happy for any info of how some of you came to a decision of equipment ect.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: TripnTaps - Tuesday, Jan 20, 2004 at 02:58

Tuesday, Jan 20, 2004 at 02:58
Hello tps57 Welcome to the boggers forum. The discussions regarding weight both of what one pulls and carry will always be a topic for any caravanning forum BT or otherwize. We chose a 100series Landcruiser V8 petrol based on convenience (not so big as the F'trucks) and cost. Following advice from this forum and our own investigations, like 'tellembuggerem' we considered that these units represented good value for power and money as well as holding their value. As far as what equipment to carry with you on trips depends a lot on where your planning to go and for how long. We used to hire out on and off road campers and provided a basic set of equipment with our vans for both gas and 240V cooking, recovery equipment for the 4WD units, bedding of course, seats and fold away table. Clothing - select what you think you'd like to take... then halve it. Always include a first aid kit, a torch and spare battery and warm clothing no matter where you are going or for how long. Not sure if this is the sort of information you were seeking - but its a start! Cheers... Helen
AnswerID: 560868

Our Sponsors