What to and whatnot to

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 21, 2004 at 03:28
ThreadID: 120343 Views:3044 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Thank you Helen my names Lance by the way. I got your message about this issue and have looked at Toyota but everyone I talk to says to use a deisel motored 4x4 as petrol is not as good on fuel when pulling something. Everyone has a different idea I need to sort out the good info from the not so good. I am a practical person and do understand about fistaid and recovery gear and you have given me some thing to think about.I read some where to allow 150kgs per person and then there is the food and water which we cant live with out. I have subscribed to Caravan and Motorhome mag which have helped a little, is there any other mags you could recomend. Thanks again Helen...... Lance
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: TripnTaps - Wednesday, Jan 21, 2004 at 03:30

Wednesday, Jan 21, 2004 at 03:30
Hello Lance, Working on the premise of a new vehicle the extra cost for purchase for diesel over petrol and the cost of servicing of diesel over petrol (5,000ks service for diesel 10,000ks for petrol) it would take you a ginormous amount of kilometers to bridge the gap of the outlay cost as to the running cost. See Rods message 23 on the Tow vehicle postings where he quotes the difference between the two for the new Toyota to be about $10,000- If your planning to buy second hand then the vechicles service history in the case of a diesel is critical; if not serviced regularly at the required 5,000ks then the more expensive repairs in the long term become a possible issue (Murphys law... what can go wrong will go wrong) We recently bought a 2002 5 speed automatic GXL V8 petrol Toyota at auction with only 23,000ks on the clock. It is fantastic.... am confident it will be great with our 18fter BT ...we've only 10 weeks or so to find out! Can't help you out with magazines... dont think you can go past forums such as this where personal experience is a better yardstick than someone who is being paid to write a report (paid in kind or in $ - check the positings on this site re 'Spot the Boo Boos) Cheers, Helen
AnswerID: 560873

Our Sponsors