The Old Date Roll

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:35
ThreadID: 120362 Views:3630 Replies:14 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I hesitate to raise this, but ....... I've been told that Thetfords etc require a particular type of toilet tissue, one which I gather will break down quicker/easier. Can anyone confirm/deny this for me? Many thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:37

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:37
G'day Fot, Nuffin wrong with a good dunny discussion ....!!!! [smile] We have only ever used normal toilet tissue in the Thetford. It breaks down reasonably well but I use the blue formaldehyde additive which would dissolve a good mother-in-law ..... [grin] The rolls dont fit in the receptacle sometimes so a piece gets peeled off until it fits and the rest is hung on the shower head rail for all to use. With 3 girls in the camp it doesnt take long !!!! Seeing as we are on a "roll" so to speak might as well continue on the hints and tips for the BT dunny for those taking delivery this year ...... We gave up using the top tank to flush the bowl ages ago ...it fills the tank too quickly and doesnt always clean the bowl very well. Instead we use a "Coles" squirter bottle filled with top tank additive 30:70 additive to water. After someone does a skid in the bowl you just fire away at it with the squirter bottle ... we call it Wyatt Earping" the bowl. The kids are great at it now .... also much easier to clean if the bowl disc is opened just before business ...much less mess to clean. A couple of sprays before hand helps the bowl stay cleaner for after ...the bottle is great for this. Sometimes the paper doesnt fall through so instead of wasting valuable space in the tank trying to flush it through you can just Wyatt Earp it instead with much less liquid going into the tank. I keep examination gloves on board to give the bowl the once over every day. The bowl being plastic is susceptible to scratching so nothing harsh here. I just use a few leaves of toilet paper and a few squirts from the bottle mixture. With cleaning paper toss it in cassette .... then turn glove inside out by peeling it off and toss into garbage ...very hygienic !!! Not using the top tank does leave less liquid in the cassette so I give it a shake once a day to agitate it a bit so all contents get exposed to the blue additive. With the 4 of us using the BT toilet and no other we usually get about 4 days before we have to empty it. Too much information ...probably ... But hey !!! We are all Thetford buddies here ....and everyone discovers their own way to use it !! Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 560953

Reply By: Fot18 - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:38

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:38
Anthony, Thanks for the "spray" & tips. I'll make good and sure the Secretary of the War Office reads it - she'll need to in order togain a complete understanding of her duties!! You know I'm dead if she reads this, don't you?! The longer we wait for this BT the more questions I think of. At least one of 'em has been answered. Now to the confusing WDH issue. Aaaaaargh. Fot
AnswerID: 560954

Reply By: TripnTaps - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:39

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:39
As always Anthony your good value and great information... Ta very much Helen
AnswerID: 560955

Reply By: Turist - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:40

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:40
Bog Roll Holders.
The bog roll storage as fitted to Thetford toots is a bit ordinary.
Will not accept Aussie size rolls until they are reduced in size by removing several layers of paper.
But worse, they are not waterproof, read, showerproof.
Whitworths marine stores have two models of roll holders, flush fitting if you have space behind wall as in the larger BT ensuite or surface mount if you can't cut a hole in the wall.
We had surface mounted on wall in BT #1 and recessed in BT #2, both very good.
And the other bonus is that you can position them where you can reach the roll easily.

Regards
Turist
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 560956

Reply By: F Troop - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:41

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:41
I went the cheap way and got a $2.75 stick on plastic roll holder, opened the door under the hand basin ( witch you are all having fitted, arn't you) and stuck it on to the inside of the door. Take a seat open the door and bingo mags and paper work ready for buisiness. Graham
AnswerID: 560957

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:42

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:42
Hey Graham !! That puts the dunny roll and the magazine rack in the same area !!! Perfect !!! [smile] Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 560958

Reply By: Luvntravln - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:43

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:43
Graham: I am afraid to ask , what did you put in the hole where the TP used to be ? tgintl/jay
AnswerID: 560959

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:44

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:44
Jay, With regard to filling Graham's TP space ...... The same as I would ....a 100mm Marine (waterproof) GME speaker ..connected to the sound system to pipe some elevator/thinking music in ..... apparently some of the ladies cant pee in dead silence so it would assist them no end !!!! [cheekyGrin] Anthony Explore this Great Land ... Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 560960

Reply By: Luvntravln - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:45

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:45
There was no question that no matter who this thread was directed to Master Po could be counted upon to share his words of wisdom . A great big ha ha ha tgintl/jay
AnswerID: 560961

Reply By: F Troop - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:46

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:46
It's OK I left it empty . It could how ever be made into a stubbie holder but I'm not going there. Graham
AnswerID: 560962

Reply By: Luvntravln - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:47

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:47
You already did but to pull us back to reality Greg put a small soft toilet brush attached to the top. Boring but useful. tgintl/jay
AnswerID: 560963

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:48

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:48
Are not people getting deturd by these awful toilet roll jokes. If this goes on I'll probably commit sewercide. Please someone find a deturd-gent. Collyn
AnswerID: 560964

Reply By: Turist - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:50

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:50
Photos of "Flush" fitting BOG roll holder in 'Pictures' section.
Regards
Turist
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 560965

Reply By: Luvntravln - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:51

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:51
Kewl . Details please. Thanks, tgintl/jay
AnswerID: 560966

Our Sponsors