Foxy

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 31, 2004 at 05:04
ThreadID: 120370 Views:3571 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Brian, Great to have you back in the loop. Hope the trip was great in spite of the rain. Ain't the Boggers fun? I love the discussions, politically correct or otherwise, that I have generated with the BTI and the Boggers posts. In reality there is nothing wrong with a little political correctness sprinkled generously with lots of sarcasm. Best to both of you. tgintl/jay
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Saturday, Jan 31, 2004 at 05:06

Saturday, Jan 31, 2004 at 05:06
Thanks Jay, we were away for 7 weeks, travelled down to Sydney, we then had a phone call from Mick and Judy complaining that we should have gone via Port Macquarrie to see them. Sorry comunication mix up). From Sydney we then out to the Blue Mountains where we stayed with George and Helga, out to Young to my Vietnam medic to whom I own my life, then Shepparton and of course a brief stop at Burnley where we were given shortbread, that Jay had been forbidden from touching. We then spent a week at Bittern with the daughter and grandchildren where we went and saw Paul and Barbara Swift. On boxing day we went to their bush block at Bruthen where some low range 4WDing was required to get through a creek crossing. We had to put the full annex up there to stop the flies, and we experienced 42C in van and 54.5C in the annex. Bloody hot down south. We then returned to Melbourne for a couple of days before going down the Great Ocean Road and staying to Peter & Jan Spring in Lorne. My cut hand has now all cleared up now thanks to Jans nursing. From there we continued to Warrnambool to more friends before going to Adelaide for a couple of days with Margaret's brother. From there it was off to Mildura then Hay where we stayed next to Roger & Cherryle Schiller's shearing shed, then off to Tamworth for the Country Music Festival. We had floods the first weekend there, but we were high and dry so had no problems, and then the following Sunday again had thunderstorms for 8 hours. Again while in Tamworth we had a phone call from Helen & John Fawcett to see if we were still in Victoria and could call and see them. From Tamworth we then went to Texas before taking back roads from Tenterfield over the mountains through Woodenbong to the Gold Coast where we stayed with Conrad and Nisa. The problem with the BOG group is that there are now so many of us spread around the country that you cannot see everyone. Saw several Bushtrackers going through Tamworth and spoke to one couple who had recently picked up their van. We had a great trip, (7000Km) found a leak in front window and BTI fixed that yesterday while we waited on our way home. Brian.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 561008

Our Sponsors