Sat Dish

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 03:42
ThreadID: 120396 Views:3417 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all Recently someone listed a discription of how and what to use to create there own sat dish, I have tried to find this info but cant so am wondering if the person resposible for this info can list this again. I have a friend who has a number of spare dishes who is willing to help build a suitable system for me but requires the info and how to. Any help would be much appreciated. Rod Betts
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motley - Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 03:44

Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 03:44
Rod, What are you trying to do? If you want legitamate access to Free to Air Satellite TV (ABC, SBS etc) then in addition to the Dish, you need an LNB which is the receiver that "collects" the signal form the dish, a decoder box and a Free to Air smart card, obtainable through Optus. If you go to www.videosat.com.au you will be able to see how the whole thing hangs together. You will also need a Satellite Finder, which is basically a signal strength meter and some sort of guide as to where to point the dish to pick up the Optus C1 satellite (it's basically just East of North). The whole lot shouldn't set you back more than about $500-600 dollars. If you are looking for more than Free to Air access, then that's another story now that Foxtel has tightened things up
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 561179

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 03:45

Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 03:45
Anyone on here have any ideas how I get either fox/Austar with a sat dish mobile ? -legally. Have rung them both, they will not permit mobile reception?? need to have a house (sold that) & then not suposed to remove the card to use elsewhere. Being very difficult no wonder there are hot cards about . regards DD
AnswerID: 561180

Our Sponsors