Off Topic, But Worth A Mention

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 04:52
ThreadID: 120397 Views:3487 Replies:8 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Motley's Peter & Jan proud grannies for the first time this morning. A boy, Angus James.
Jan is probably to flustered to post the announcement and Pete is probably too bleep so I have done it.
Hope the Motleys don't mind.

Now to beat Jan & Pete to the punch I have started a new photo album, "Future Boggers", everyone welcome to contribute.
First photos posted are our first Great Grandchild.
And before I get any "old" comments I must point out that I was captured by Gypsies as a child and forced into an early marriage.

Best regards
Turist
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 04:54

Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 04:54
Congratulations to the parents and the grandparents .... especially the mum that did the hard work. Angus James .... now there's a strong name !! Pete, Better get a quote for bunks in the BT pal !!! Kids to 15 just love BT's. Like Turist I was forced into marriage. Not by gypsies but by my wife !!!! She lured me into her realm by stealth. Entrapped by perfume, lipstick, long hair, good looks, tight jeans/loose white singlet, soft skin, a coy smile, perfectly timed giggles, holding my hand at every opportunity, laughing at my non-funny jokes .......and many other baits handed down from mother to daughter. [I,doGrin] Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 561181

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 04:55

Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 04:55
Congratulations Pete and Jan, just as well you have given up full time work now the grandchildren are arriving. Someone has to go and visit and kiddysit! And never enough time if you are trying to fit seeing them grow up around work eh? Thank goodness for a Bogger lifestyle! Turist, they are wise eyes looking up at Granny in that photo. Watch out! and Anthony - me thinks you doth protest too much. And with two daughters in the house, I guess you just dont stand a chance you poor sucker! Angie (170 days to go)
AnswerID: 561182

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 04:56

Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 04:56
Congrats Pete & Jan.... Grandchildren turn even the hardest old bogger into mush! Ryan is set to go on his first BT trip to Lighting Ridge at Easter. Having heard it can get quite cold up there at night, Dad has just spend two days putting a new Webasco diesel heater into the van. And he says at least once a day "we should just get in the BT and head straight for Townsville and see little Cait!" Big tough man indeed.........
AnswerID: 561183

Reply By: Motley - Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 04:57

Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 04:57
Have just had a chance to sign on after a couple of days of chaos!! I can't remember being this out of control when our own kids were born! Thanks for all the congratulations and thanks to Turist for the posting. I know that a lot of you are going to find this a little hard to believe, but trust me - Angus James is about the best looking baby I've ever seen! Now we start to plan and plot about giving the parents a rest - we'll just take him off your hands for a week or so while we take the BT bush. Judging by the possessive looks of the parents I reckon if we start planning now we might just get Angus away with us before his 21st birthday! It's great to have an excuse to "toast". Photos of the future BOGGER to follow Grandpa Motley (and Grandma)
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

AnswerID: 561184

Reply By: Motley - Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 04:58

Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 04:58
Here's a photo of new grandson Angus James looking absolutely riveted as I start to explain to him the mysteries of Weight Distribution Hitches, Solar Panel power output, Battery charging regimes, safe places to stow red wine when travelling over corrugations etc etc. You can't start to early on this sort of stuff!!
Motley

AnswerID: 561185

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 04:59

Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 04:59
Come on Pete !!! Look further into his gorgeous eyes, I think he's talking to YOU !! [smile] Grandfather ! Can I borrow the Lexus/VW ..is the tank full ?? I'll have it back by 3 am for sure !!! Fuel card please .... Anthony Explore this Great Land...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 561186

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 05:00

Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 05:00
Sorry Pete, Couldn't see much of Angus because there was too much light reflection from the top of the photo. Sorry
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

AnswerID: 561187

Reply By: Motley - Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 05:01

Thursday, Feb 12, 2004 at 05:01
I must admit, there has been some concerned speculation about whose hair genes Angus is carrying. There was I time when I could have rebuffed Brian's comments by showing off my T Shirt which said "It's not a Bald Spot, it's a Solar Panel for a Sex Machine". However, I think my ethics about truth in advertising prevent me from dragging that T shirt out again!!
Motley

AnswerID: 561188

Our Sponsors