Lounges

Submitted: Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:19
ThreadID: 120410 Views:3496 Replies:15 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, Like several others we have also placed the deposit on a BT, due for July delivery and now have the ‘expectant BT parent syndrome’. <o:p> </o:p> Don’t want to think how many hours have been spent at this computer reading the postings on this site, going all the way back to the beginning, and learning about a whole lot of subjects that are vital; things I didn’t even know that I needed to know at the time of writing that cheque. <o:p> </o:p> The technical info is great, however one subject that does not seem to have been covered is LEATHER SEAT COVERS. <o:p> </o:p> Does anyone have them? (in the BT, - we have an old leather lounge in the house & love it) What are the advantages and disadvantages in real van life? (Yeah, we know about the extra cost, what about weight and durability?) How dirty do the normal seat covers get when in the red dust of the North? Are the BT lounges sufficiently comfortable, have they 'collapsed' after a year's use? What else do we need to know about the BT lounge? Having a comfortable lounge is an important part of the BT for us as we intend that it be out home for the next few years. <o:p> </o:p> I’m sure there is someone that has the experience and can help. Thanks Noosa-Nomads
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:23

Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:23
aaaandrew4 Thanks for that comment, but could you please add to "have been told leather is not the go" Was it from someone who has experience with leather lounges in a van, and what exactly did they say was wrong with leather. cheers
AnswerID: 561241

Reply By: Turist - Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:24

Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:24
We have leather in the boat, easier to clean when a bit of tuna or marlin blood gets splashed into the lounge. The fabric just soaks it up.
If one of the fisho's spills a bit of bait or blood it just wipes off.
We maintain it with Meguires leather cleaner and it refreshes like new.
But.
We chose fabric for the van because we were concerned about the heat, you know, sticking to the seats on a hot humid day etc.
This has at times been a problem on the boat during the summer.
Fabric definately cooler.

Regards
Turist
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 561242

Reply By: Luvntravln - Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:25

Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:25
Having had leather in the past, we have opted for the high grade leather covers. We are having the seats on our cafe style table made with a return along the back so that we can lean against the return when watching TV, or reading with our legs on the seat. tgintl/jay
AnswerID: 561243

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:26

Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:26
Make yourself comfortable why don't you? Leaning back with legs on the seat. Do you think you are on holidays or something. Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 561244

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:27

Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:27
I think Jay has a romantic design for the lounge by the sound of it .... Something not looking outta place in Rome ....Circa 50AD ... Grapes and Eunuch with palm fan are optional ....[PontiusPilateGrin] Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 561245

Reply By: Luvntravln - Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:28

Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:28
Guys, to begin with I have been on a Holiday since I realized there was "life after the law" and gave up my practice and sailed across the Pacific. Now all I do is take vacations from my vacations from my vacations....................... Anthony, Jackie says in response to your "Grapes and Eunuch with palm fan are optional " that she will feed me grapes , fan me with a palm frond , and she is not a Eunuch ! I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tgintl/jay
AnswerID: 561246

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:29

Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:29
Jay, Two things define a Eunuch .... One: has to be male ..Two: has no testicles !!!! I know Jackie is no "Eunuch" but lets say the opposite sex is 50% qualified the same as men are 50% qualified !!!! I was actually referring to "both" of you on the lounge and you hire a Eunuch to fan both of you ..... Jackie gets the better end of that deal though .... oiled up muscle boy with a loin cloth ..... Speaking of testicles ....were we ???? Cindy has removed plenty in 22 yrs of Veterinary Surgery ..... I still sleep on the very edge of the bed ...face down ....three pairs of undies on ..... and the eye facing her is always OPEN !!!! If any palm fronds appear I'll sleep in BT forever more .... door lock engaged !!! [Scalpel-Is-SharpGrin] Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 561247

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:30

Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:30
G'day Jay. Hope you took in the amazing joint under that Long White Cloud. Can be difficult to take it all in when bicycling, though. After all, the mind of man can only absorb while the backside endures. Unfortunately, my holiday plans can only stretch to two holidays per year (each six months long). One of them will be to Dover. Will be a long and difficult journey though - there'll be many Rivers to cross. Griff
AnswerID: 561248

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:31

Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:31
One problem with any non-breathing material for bedding is the Sweat Factor. Usually find that making up bed on the Naugahide requires several wollen blankets as underlay or it gets uncomfortably sticky in warmer weather. Griff
AnswerID: 561249

Reply By: Luvntravln - Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:32

Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:32
Griff How did we go from lounges to beds, and while on the subject of travelling, how did this thread get to Dover? Anywho, yes leather is sometimes sticky - in those instances will lie (?lay) on a towel - deals with the sticky problem . Oops - perhaps I just lost the politically correct award. By the way - please explain the "amazing joint under that Long White Cloud" tgintl/jay
AnswerID: 561250

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:33

Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:33
Howdy, Jay. Message 3 in the thread talks about converting dinnette for use as a bed. Griff
AnswerID: 561251

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:34

Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:34
New Zealand, mate. Officially known in Maori as The Land of the Long White Cloud (or so my Geography teacher said) Griff
AnswerID: 561252

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:35

Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:35
Have no idea how we got to Dover, but we certainly have one crossed (off) Rivers Griff
AnswerID: 561253

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:36

Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:36
Thanks for your help on this subject folks. The decision is still in the too hard basket just now, however if it is a go, what do you reckon the chances are of getting the leather lounge with the eunuch accessories?.........No, not the grapes, I meant the fans!! cheers
AnswerID: 561254

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:37

Friday, Feb 20, 2004 at 11:37
Hi everyone, Just a point about leather you need tropicalised leather. Personnally I think canvas is better cooler and warmer in winter and probably harder wearing. Macka
AnswerID: 561255

Our Sponsors