Well done the Kerrigans

Submitted: Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:06
ThreadID: 120423 Views:3631 Replies:15 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Well done to the Kerrigans who picked up their BT on 26th. (Didn't want to hog Amy's Junior Bogger message with this message). So tell Auntie Angie all. What size, what colours, where is the first trip to, what accessories, Where are the pictures? All that important stuff. It doesn't seem that long ago that we were standing in the BTs at the Brisbane show drooling and you were still deciding. Good move on your part for great family holidays. The kids will love you for getting them out and about. Angie 151 sleeps to go (or lack of)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:11

Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:11
Congrats "K" family !!! Now comes another good bit ..stacking it with stuff !!!! Francis, Easter at QM Falls is not looking good .... mate is flying to Melb over Easter and we might have their dog, he is trying alternative first. I'll catch up on landline .... Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a "NEW" Bushtracker
AnswerID: 561331

Reply By: Rockgoc - Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:12

Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:12
Congratulations!!! We have now been given the pickup date for our "Palace De Wheels" .......the 16th March.....TA DAAAAAA!!!!!! The BATTS are now so bad I have just given up on sleeping and sit at the computer just like a damn bat wide awake at night and sleepy during the day *YAWN*.............BATTS and BUTTERFLIES......Anthony what can you come up with to stand for butterflies?? One point which keeps coming up at the handover day is the amount of stuff you have to take in.......do you think a video camera would be a good idea to play back later and to absorb some of the info, or would "they at BT" look upon it as an intrusion? We leave Ayers rock tomorrow bound for Brisbane and the factory. YAHOOOOOOOO! Sleeplessly yours, Jan & Ian
AnswerID: 561332

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:13

Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:13
Jan and Ian, Being Under The True Encompassing Real Feeling Languishing In Excitable Sleeplessness ...... Butterflies !!!! [smile] I dont think a video is necessary ...maybe notes ... and a still camera. Any questions after delivery ... no worries .... plenty in here champing at the bit to answer them !! [smile] Enjoy the day for what it is ... you'll have a great time !!! Dont forget something for the "dry teeth" from smiling ...maybe a mint or two !!!! Dont forget to massage each others cheeks the night before ...I know it looks funny when doing it but plenty have been admitted to Emergency at Nambour Hospital from BT delivery induced seized cheeks from smiling !!! [Grin] Regards Anthony Explore this Great land ...Do it Easy ...Tow A Bushtracker
AnswerID: 561333

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:14

Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:14
Hi Jan and Ian, congratulations on having a set date and I suppose you have worked out that it is THIS MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't that sound great? We are actually going to stay at a park nearby for a week so that if we miss anything, or can't remember what they told us at BT or Sound in Motion we can at least ring someone and ask again or drop over and see them. (By the way, does Sound in Motion go through the equipment on the pickup day too?) Might be worth thinking about doing similar even if it is only for a couple of days. Also I decided we wouldn't do a pick-up on a Friday. Call me paranoid but I have found from experience that people sometimes have their minds elsewhere on a Friday and their thinking isn't always about giving me the best experience so we are aiming to pick up on a Thursday (just in case). Angie
AnswerID: 561334

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:15

Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:15
p.s. Kerrigans, any photos? Angie (Angie luuuuurves photos) (150 sleeps to go and considering pestering her doctor at work for a script for sleeping tablets LOL.)
AnswerID: 561335

Reply By: fjk21 - Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:16

Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:16
Thanks everyone for the good wishes. Angie not many pics yet I have attached a couple of the exterior only. ( I hope they turn out) More to come soon. Regards Francis
AnswerID: 561336

Reply By: fjk21 - Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:17

Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:17
Yep it did not work. Angie a few pics in the album. Now I am not going to tell (the owners may if they wish) but try and guess whose van is in the background of the the third photograph. Regards Francis
AnswerID: 561337

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:18

Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:18
To all BT picker-upperers, Unless you have the memory of a teenager, I'd suggest a video for the day ! We got out to Mount Moffat and then "which way did Peter say these awning supports went?" and "can you remember if we switch off the charger when not connected to power?" We call these "seniors moments". There is a lot to take in on the day and I'm sure BTI wouldn't mind a video camera around. The attached checklist may help with your gear requirements. Remember though, highlight only the items you will need for a particular trip. Diagonal across box when you have it ready and the fully cross box when you have it in your van or vehicle. Good luck, and happy picker-uppering!!...................Rob
AnswerID: 561338

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:19

Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:19
Thanks Francis for the photos. All donations gratefully received at this stage of the BATTS. The interior colour choice looks lovely and you both look very relaxed and happy with your choice. Did everyone read in the C & M mag that BTi are going to institute a late shift of workers to try and get the vans done so people don't have to wait too long for their order? Sounds like an interesting direction. Good job they are not in a residential area with all that extra noise going on. Angie
AnswerID: 561339

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:20

Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:20
Angie, They had a second shift on some time ago and for some reason it was deleted again soon after I believe. When at the oil company we trialled a second production shift and found quite a few problems. Production was only around 80% of the day shift and there were quite a few quality control issues compared to the day shift. In the end we settled for 80% more production by way of overtime on weekdays and Sat morn if needed to finish particular runs. Quality control equalled the day shift and the employees loved the extra money without working into the night. There were less accidents also ...and we didnt have to put on more employees for the second shift saving training and wages costs. Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 561340

Reply By: Bushtracker42 - Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:21

Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:21
Re stopping locally. We stopped at cotton tree park
in Maroochy the other night. I don’t know if there are other parks as
good locally, but it’s a nice place to stay.

We ended up in the camping area rather than the more
structured sites, and right next to the beach etc. Site 9 will fit a BT without
conflict with trees (for when you get it).

----------------------

Gary Harding

TriSys Engineering/III

AnswerID: 561341

Reply By: Luvntravln - Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:22

Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:22
Rob, where is the attached checklist to be found? Thanks. tgintl/jay
AnswerID: 561342

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:23

Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:23
Tgintl/jay Checklist posted in "Hints & Tips" - "On The Wallaby Checklists" - It's never complete though, as I seem to make some amendments on each trip !! Last trip I forgot the antenae lead for the telly! A Nissan Patrol with new looking BT followed me out of Nelson Bay today, Crikey, they're almost as common as the proverbial ............. Cheers.............Rob
AnswerID: 561343

Reply By: Luvntravln - Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:24

Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:24
Rob, when you forgot the antennae lead what happened? Once upon a time I pulled away from the dock and forgot to unplug the shore lead from my vessel - riiiiiiiiiiiiip - and out came the outlet from the side of the cockpit coaming. Many bucks later never forgot that one again . Thanks, tgintl/jay
AnswerID: 561344

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:25

Monday, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:25
This message has been deleted by the author.
AnswerID: 561345

Our Sponsors