The Canopy Skeleton

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 10:18
ThreadID: 120429 Views:3436 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi I have posted a photo of the F-250 canopy frame in our Hedonistic Land Yacht album. Hopefully, next week, we will post the painted version. When fully loaded, the canopy will settle down to 50mm above the cab. A tinny on a Rhino boat loader will ride on the roof, and the Bulldog trailer will be mounted on the rear along with a 2nd spare tire. As you can see the storage boxes are large enough to hold the genny, outboard fuel tank and on the other side will be jugs for outboard and genny petrol, oil etc. We want to keep all of the dirty smelly "car stuff" out of the canopy. There will be sufficient space on the floor of the canopy - a shelf is still to be added just over the fridge which will run the length and width of the canopy and have 370 mm space above the shelf - for us to sleep "cozy" on the passenger side of the vehicle. The driver's side is the cooking side and the fridge and the Coleman Trail Grill will be on slides, with a propane tank in the rear lower storage box where the outboard fuel tank is seen in the photo. The canopy will be pinted to match the cab. Ain't it fun building a rolling home! tgintl/jay
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Turist - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 10:20

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 10:20
Jay the F250 layout looks great.
Any idears from the builder re finished weight?

We had a similar underslung storage box arrangement on a Patrol cab chassis but I managed to damage one of the boxes with the drawbar when jackknifing into a tight spot.
Something to watch out for.

Regards
Turist
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 561369

Reply By: Luvntravln - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 10:21

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 10:21
Turist, I am assuming I will push the GVM 4200; I will obtain a weight on the empty unit just for the information. The side sheeting is going to be aluminum instead of sheet steel which will hold down the weight. By the way, I failed to mention that there will be a 180L auxilliary diesel tank in the front, and there are two 90L water tanks underneath the floor; one potable with a pump and filter and tap in the rear, and one nonpotable with an output "T". One side of the "T" goes to the heat exchange shower; the other side gravity "pours" out a tap in the back for washing dishes etc. tgintl/jay
AnswerID: 561370

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 10:22

Thursday, Mar 04, 2004 at 10:22
Very nice Jay !!! I'm looking forward to seeing it in the flesh .....when I'm sick of my deck lid arrangement I can see myself making this type of setup !! Now where is that tape measure ............[smile] Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 561371

Our Sponsors