Who has Reversing Cameras on BT

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 11, 2004 at 08:37
ThreadID: 120439 Views:3608 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, Checking out who has these fancy bits of rear view technology and on what. Brian & Margaret have one on their 21fter and are very happy with it. How many boggers have em on their 18fter? Are they an easy fit option after market or as we are thinking better during build ? Just like to get an idea of experienced BT owners and if they do get the benefit from rear view camera on the BT or manage fine without. Regards, Helen
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Thursday, Mar 11, 2004 at 08:39

Thursday, Mar 11, 2004 at 08:39
Hi Helen, We are having a reversing camera fitted by Sound In Motion to our 20footer and also a small camera in the back of the Effie tailgate (just like Brian and Margaret's). I think I would have eventually got the hang of things without one, but being vertically challenged (5'2"), think it will give me some sort of advantage in seeing as much as possible. Ivan is used to working with mirrors having driven double deckers here in London, but by the time we get back I won't have driven for 3 years and want to give myself as much help as possible to feel confident in driving both the Effie and BT. I think as long as I don't rely on the camera screen as the only method of being aware of what is around me then it will be a good tool. Angie
AnswerID: 561452

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Mar 11, 2004 at 08:40

Thursday, Mar 11, 2004 at 08:40
G'day Helen, I installed mine after purchase without drilling one hole in the BT. So I suppose either way is fine. I had to remove mine for camera to go to Sydney to be reversed and was glad I left connector in line near camera which allowed easy removal of camera. If you get S&M to do it its all covered by their warranty though ... install and units. One thing I do know ....on a 50ft rig, I aint towing without one ever again !!! Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 561453

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Thursday, Mar 11, 2004 at 08:41

Thursday, Mar 11, 2004 at 08:41
I think if Sound In Motion are fitting the camera, then it is fitted AFTER BT have completed van. The camera is normally mounted central above rear window and one hole is drill through for wires, which then run through cupboards and down under van then along chassis to tow bar. They nead the car to wire up that end so they usually do the whole job at the same time. The vertically challenged will require a ladder to clean the dust off lens. Brian.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 561454

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Mar 11, 2004 at 08:42

Thursday, Mar 11, 2004 at 08:42
We had our Baintech unit fitted to the truck by our auto sparky when he was doing everything else. We had it wired into our 12 pin van electrical plug so we would only have the two connectors (the Anderson being the other). This allowed us to test the monitor well before the van was set up, then send the camera wired into the male half of the van plug to BT/Sound in Motion for fitting. No tears. The two other huge advantages are the built in microphone in the camera which allows people to yell at me (& I can't yell back), but I can importantly hear & see what's behind me on the open road. Its surprising how often I am tipped off that something is closing in behind be the soft whine of a turbo coming through the speaker. Concur with Anthony - never be without. Griff
AnswerID: 561455

Reply By: TripnTaps - Thursday, Mar 11, 2004 at 08:43

Thursday, Mar 11, 2004 at 08:43
Thanks Angie, Anthony, Brian and Griff for your advice and imput re positive feedback on fitting of reversing camera. Helen
AnswerID: 561456

Our Sponsors