ProStar interference with Jaton AV equipment- any ideas?

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 14, 2004 at 19:47
ThreadID: 120446 Views:3315 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
It's not often that when I go bush, I sit down in the middle of the day to watch TV, but last weekend I had to. You know, Formula 1 GP, V8 Supercars and all that. So this time I experieneced a problem that we haven't encountered before because if we watch TV at all, it's at night. During daylight, when the ProStar goes into PWM mode (green light flashing and as I under stand it, the final top up of the batteries), we get this interference through the Jaton AV box. We get a consistent buzz through the speakers and the video picture has consistent lines about 1cm apart through the picture. Picture is still clear but the lines disjoint it. Has anyone else with Jaton gear experienced this? Short of switching of the ProStar is there a solution?
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Sunday, Mar 14, 2004 at 19:49

Sunday, Mar 14, 2004 at 19:49
Pete, Check page 12 of the Prostar manual under Telecom Noise Jumper .... Some equipment can produce noise when the Prostar goes in PWM regulation. If this occurs , a jumper can be cut to eliminate the noise. According to the instructions you cut the wire on one side of an installed resistor. This of course cancels PWM mode and it is a feature worth having if you can keep it ... I'm certainly no expert here but you might be able to get a good circuit board soldering type person to cut this wire on the resistor and install a micro-switch. This way you can turn PWM off enjoy TV for awhile and flick switch back on to continue PWM. I'm not sure what the resistance of the wire and switch will make to the resistor regarding its value or operation but an e-mail to Prostar with the idea might reveal it might work .... failing any joy there ....try it I reckon !!! ??? Have a look at Page 12 (Sect. 7.5 Special Features [b]) and see what you think ??? Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 561505

Our Sponsors