TV Antennas

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 03:55
ThreadID: 120452 Views:3576 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
All, I would like to ask members about the type of TV antenna they use and their experiences with these antennas. I have used antennas from Winegard and Happy Wanderer an dhave good and bad experiences with both. I would be interested to hear what other members use and their experiences with their antenna. My BT is currently under construction and I will need to advise SoundInMotion of my connector requirements in the next week or so. David
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: TripnTaps - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 03:57

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 03:57
Hi David, Can't speak from personal experience as we have never bothered with a TV aerial on our previous vans but as TV is not that important to us we decided not to go hi tech or hugh $'s. Went for what Brian and Margaret NoosaBushtrackers have and thats a Wingard wind up aerial which they seemed satisfied with. SoundIn Motion also recommended it for a basic practical aerial and preferred it over Happy Wanderer (although Steve from BTi recommends the Happy Wanderer) What was your experience like with the Wingard? When is your Bushtracker scheduled to be completed? Cheers, Helen
AnswerID: 561550

Reply By: Suncoasters - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 03:58

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 03:58
Helen,

My experience with Winegard was a case of some good, some bad. I was just trying to find out what other members are using as I did not want to go too high tech. My wife has to have a news fix once a day wherever possible, so I am evaluating my options.

Our van is due for delivery just before or just after Easter.

David
AnswerID: 561551

Reply By: Deleted User - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 03:59

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 03:59
I am using a Magnavox from Dick Smith Electronics part no L3078 Best all round unit I have found. Easy to change to vertical polarisation. Tried heaps of antennas and found this to be the overall best, easiest to store. I bought one of those small LCD TV from DSE and if I do not get anysort of picture on that I do not bother putting up my aerial. I have waypoints in OziExplorer and Garmin format of all the TV transmitters in Australia if anybody would like them. I am presently updating them and will put them up for download on my website within the next week. After reading these posts about sattv for $500 I think I will go for that.
AnswerID: 561552

Reply By: Luvntravln - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 04:00

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2004 at 04:00
Hi TW Regarding your waypoint document, could you please also post in Boggers documents section? Thanks, tgintl/jay
AnswerID: 561553

Our Sponsors