TUR15T

Submitted: Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 22:23
ThreadID: 120460 Views:3708 Replies:12 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, If you are still interested in seeing and testing the dish this saturday 20th March please let me know. As I have not heard from you I dont know if you read that I am happy for you to test it. I am able to bring it to your place. I have a standard 85cm dish with single LNB at my place where you can test the difference between the two. (At Engadine) I would like to prove my product to you so I can get on with things and stop worrying about my name being trashed in forums. My number again if you need it is 0408544363. Thanks shayne
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 22:25

Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 22:25
Hi Bob, Thanks for the chance to show you the flat pannel dish. As you can see as posted by tartanwilliam, you can get the dish from globalsat a lot cheaper than I can get it for. I dont know how they do it? I still beleve in this dish and think its a good option. Do you know what size the Abrolga dish is?. It is my understanding that it is smaller than the flat pannel. So if this is true, and it works in FNQ I see no reason that a flat pannel would not work. I also will be testing my box and on foxtel next weekend, as well as Austar and will let you know the results. Once again thanks for showing that the dish works. If you do get one I would love to hear how it goes on the road for you. thanks shayne
AnswerID: 561599

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 22:26

Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 22:26
Quote "so I can get on with things and stop worrying about my name being trashed in forums.". Shayne nowhere have I seen your name trashed in public forums. It has been pointed out that your price is well over the roof. I am more than happy to donate $25.00 to the Salvation Army if you can demonstrate where your name has been trashed in a forum. I did notice reading the forums you had on more than one occassion lost your cool and spat the dummy.
AnswerID: 561600

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 22:27

Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 22:27
tartan, I was just conveying my thanks to bob. As for losing my cool. That is in the past. I am super cool now. So why dont you donate the $25 anyway, the salvos do good work. thanks shayne
AnswerID: 561601

Reply By: Motley - Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 22:28

Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 22:28
Shayne, I have an Abrolga dish. It is a 90cm dish. So for I have tested it as far north as Darwin and through the Gulf with no problems at all. When I purchased the Abrolga, I was told that in the far north and south west of Australia, a 65cm dish would struggle. You mentioned in a previous posting that your set up came with similar positioning instructions. Is that right? What I have is a booklet which lists exact setup instructions for literally hundreds od specific locations around Australia. To me this is one of the main benefits of Abrolga and the reason why I can go from unpack to watching TV in under 4-5 minutes. Pete
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 561602

Reply By: Turist - Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 22:29

Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 22:29
To TW
And post a copy of the reciept.

Turist
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

AnswerID: 561603

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 22:30

Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 22:30
Pete, Yes I too have a setup map to point the dish in the general direction (Azmuth, Elevation) and use the sat finder for the fine tune.
AnswerID: 561604

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 22:31

Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 22:31
Pete I have a list in print form with all the Waypoints for every town in Australia as well as Waypoints in Ozi Explorer and Garmin format with the labels showing all the information. I also have all the terrestrial TV stations in all formats as well as print. I am presently updating all the terrestrial waypoints and should have them done in a week.
I have just received a brand new Australia Gazetteer from Geoscience, and will re-do all the Sat waypoints as previously some of the towns were up to two kilometres off. The new list will be 100% accurate and the most up to date one available when finished. All I ever ask for this stuff is a voluntary donation of $5.00 to the Salvation Army or R.S.P.C.A. if you find the information useful and use it. Turist don't you worry about me and the Salvation Army. *ALL* the money from my software goes to the Salvation Army - EVERY SINGLE CENT.
AnswerID: 561605

Reply By: Luvntravln - Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 22:32

Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 22:32
TW I will be more than happy to contribute $5 to the Salvos as a Thank You for the work you are doing. Any particular office? Where will you be posting a copy of the list or do you send it out be email on a per request basis? Thanks, tgintl/jay
AnswerID: 561606

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 22:33

Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 22:33
Any particular office will do. The print version is in PDF. I have an extensive database of accurate coordinates mostly in UTM for all the weather stations, radio stations with call sign and transmitting power, as well as all sorts of other things if anybody needs them. The main reason I am re-doing all the terrestrial TV waypoints, is that there is no easy way to display in OziExplorer or Garmin GPS equipment when the Waypoints are at the same coordinates. You cannot drill down to the labels underneath on most systems. I will now offer them in two versions, the updated one the same as the current version, and a new version that is purely numbered Waypoints with a PDF file corresponding to the numbers, TV channel, call sign, transmitting power and polarity. I will keep all the states separately and overlapping areas exactly as they now in under 500 units so that all GPS can load them up. Any previously that were not in UTM will all now be in UTM. Lat Long is now virtually history and been killed off on land - thankfully. Victoria has been UTM now for a long time, and also have the VicTM Grid that keeps the whole of Vic in one UTM Zone. The *EXCELLENT* VicRoads touring atlas is all GPS ready with all UTM only in the margins. N.S.W. LPI and South Australia are also now basically all UTM and WA DOLA is about half and half and moving to all UTM or both.
AnswerID: 561607

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 22:34

Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 22:34
Morning all (or evening in your case), Some may not be aware that I actually manage an 18 bed residential drug and alcohol detox unit here in London for The Salvation Army and on behalf of the organisation I thank you for your donations. I can assure you that the money is well spent no matter which country The Salvation Army is working in. Angie
AnswerID: 561608

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 22:35

Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 22:35
Motley_Pete are you sure the dish is 90 cm as abrolga tell me the
demensions of their suitcase size is 86x18x78cm and weight 20kg.. ??
AnswerID: 561609

Reply By: Motley - Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 22:36

Friday, Mar 19, 2004 at 22:36
Graham,, Thought it was 90cm. Van is in storage at the moment. Will check in next few days and confirm on this thread Pete
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

AnswerID: 561610

Our Sponsors