Kiddie Bunk sheets

Submitted: Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 08:01
ThreadID: 120467 Views:9741 Replies:11 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello all This question was specifically directed to Mr and Mrs BT18, but any suitably qualified Boggers are encouraged to comment! Cindy and Anthony, do you use standard single bed fitted sheets for Amy and Nina's bunks? I assume that there would be excess sheeting that you'd just tuck under the mattress? Or are the bunks a lot more narrow than a normal single bed and it would be better to make my own or butcher a sheet to fit? 13 days to go and heaps more to do and buy! Tassietracker5
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 08:03

Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 08:03
Dominique and Rod, The mattresses in our BT on the bunks are tight fitting against the walls. Because of this the sheets seem to stay tucked in well enough. I use single fitted sheets and tuck in excess. In winter we use sleeping bags on top of these sheets for the girls and in summer another single sheet on top with maybe a cellular blanket. Be careful using polyester covered sleeping bags as Amy slipped off the top bunk once with a behemoth thud. She was ok, just got a fright ! Since that episode Mr. Bushtracker18 has ok'ed bunk guards and they have been on ever since. Now that Nina is 5 we are thinking that the bottom bunk one is now an annoyance and will be removed. I'm sure you can buy sleeping bags on which the covering is not so slippery. I dream of making fitted sheets to cover the bunk beds with a top sheet sewn into the bottom. My excuse is our bunk mattresses have cutouts and Anthony doesnt have the time to sew them !!! Hahahaha ! Regards Cindy
AnswerID: 561657

Reply By: Tassietracker5 - Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 08:04

Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 08:04
Hi Cindy and Anthony We will not use sleeping bags to start with as our twins are only 22 months and one inparticular would burrow down to the bottom of a sleeping bag like a rabbit in a hole and be nigh impossible to drag him out. At least with a doona I can get under it from all sides for nocturnal kid retrieving! Why do you have cut outs in the mattresses? To get to the under bunk storage without lifting the whole mattress? And what sort of bunk guards do you use? Also Anthony, what type of clothes rack is it that you mount off the back of the BT? We will have one small version in the ensuite just for towels, mounted above window, but need something bigger for washing. Would you be able to take a close up piccie of it sometime. Did you get the brackets for the rack with it, or did you manufacture something yourself? Sorry for all the varied questions, 12 days to go and now the mind is racing. Thinking of all sorts of things I haven't considered yet! Rod has pretty much finished the f-truck now, thanks for the advice over the weekend. Now we have started to collate stuff to take for pick up and run in holiday. Regards Dominique TT5
AnswerID: 561658

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 08:05

Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 08:05
Dominique, We only have two bunks across back of BT so the portion of mattress that goes behind ensuite narrows by 100mm or so for about 30cm. Not a big issue .... We purchased bunk guards from Babyco and are the type that have thin legs under mattress .... you have press clips on front to lower them to take kids out. I liked these because I didnt have to drill any holes in BT or fabricate anything. Can place pic in Album if needed ....Price was $40 ish from memory ... The clothes rack I purchased from Camec some time ago for $90 they have since dropped to about $55. They are Flinbex brand and have nine plastic coated steel rods that will hold 25 kg. It does come with brackets but I purchased a second set to attach under annexe area if it starts to rain ....lift from back bar on BT clothes and all and place under cover .....I'll take a pic in the morning .... Maytow Caravans and RV Accessories are the wholesalers I believe ...give them a call for nearest agent ..... 08 8263 0515 or FAX 08 8396 2726 or sales@maytow.com .... Glad to help anytime ... Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 561659

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 08:06

Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 08:06
Have also seen the drying racks at Howards Storage World. BT made us wider bunks, which are great. Not quite single width, but much better than originals for adults who may occasionally be in the doghouse. Griff
AnswerID: 561660

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 08:07

Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 08:07
Is that why I'm getting fleas .... and the Tapeworm !!!! [IntestineGrin] ..ooh ! Too much information !!!!!!! [smile] Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 561661

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 08:08

Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 08:08
Surely Cindy looks after the dogs better than that!! Hit him, Cindy, for calling your professionalism into question! Griff
AnswerID: 561662

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 08:09

Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 08:09
Griff,
Is there still enough walking space and will they
take a 178cm person.
Macka

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus
Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.639 /
Virus Database: 408 - Release Date: 3/22/2004
AnswerID: 561663

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 08:10

Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 08:10
Macka, Griff's BT has a queen size double bed AND two bunks at 200cm x 70cm ish !! And settee come bed as well .... He wont swap me ..I've asked !!! Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 561664

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 08:11

Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 08:11
Anthony, maybe if you let Griff keep the coffee maker it might not seem such a hard adjustment swapping vans. Whichever one of you has Griff's van at Copeton doesn't matter, as long as I get my cup of coffee in the morning. Angie
AnswerID: 561665

Reply By: Luvntravln - Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 08:12

Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 08:12
Angie, Jak makes a great ! Thanks to you and Ian for all of your support. tgintl/jay PS: Tony and Griff are ; only an insomniac like me is up at 4:00 am . Such a stressful week; gotta stop the wheels from turning
AnswerID: 561666

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 08:13

Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 08:13
Jay, maybe you need to stop Jak from making such good coffee. LOL. We only have Decaf down in our clients lounge because some of them would have up to 20 cups a day when detoxing from other drugs and alcohol and then want pills to help them sleep, but upstairs where the Manager sits it is the real stuff or nothing!! Angie
AnswerID: 561667

Our Sponsors