Slim line blinds or similar

Submitted: Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 10:33
ThreadID: 120470 Views:3682 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
The attached thread has been reposted to give it a subject heading where it may get some replies. From: <NOBR>bonnidowns</NOBR> Sent: 20/03/2004 1:41 PM To the Female co owners ( or is that too sexist) I would like to hear from owners that have installed either slim line or wooden blind. Are you happy with this over curtains, I just like the look of them over curtains, am I getting my self into more cleaning or problems I have not considered. Bonnidowns
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 10:35

Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 10:35
From a males view, I have not yet seen any Bushtrackers with slim line or wooden blinds fitted. The tinted windows give a pretty good block out without interior lights on, and I think everyone has opted for the draw type curtains. You might like to ask BTI if they have fitted any blinds to other vans. Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

AnswerID: 561682

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 10:36

Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 10:36
Prefer the good quality backed curtains for black out in early morning Summer sleep ins. Griff
AnswerID: 561683

Reply By: Motley - Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 10:37

Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 10:37
We originally asked for slim line blinds instead of curtains. Bushtracker advised against them on the basis they wouldn't stand up to vibration on rough roads. Having seen what vibration can do on rough roads (like take the paint of beer cans in the fridge!), I think we made the right decision when we went with curtains. I agree with Griff on the block out as well. I also think that curtains probably afford a little more insulation on the windows than blinds and on cold nights in the 'van, every bit of insulation helps! At least it did pre-Webasto!!
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

AnswerID: 561684

Reply By: Rockgoc - Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 10:38

Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 10:38
Hi Bonnidowns. Regarding your blinds query.....we elected to fit the "New style dometic" windows, which have a pull up blind similar to the type used in aircraft windows. They are brilliant as far as a light blockout goes too. Our first morning in the van was nearly pitch black with the blinds up...great for a sleep in, and we never have to draw the curtains...they are purely for looks. Also the fly screen is a pull up affair and you have full access to the outside through the window if you want. The extra cost for these type of windows is around $1500.00 but we think it's well worth the cost. Hope this helps.Regards, Jan O
AnswerID: 561685

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 10:39

Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 10:39
Hi Jan, did BT have any reservations about fitting this style of window? Angie
AnswerID: 561686

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 10:40

Monday, Mar 22, 2004 at 10:40
Hi Jan, Most interested in those new domestic windows as we saw them in a motor home some months ago & were very impressed with them. Was there any compromise needed to have them, eg, limited window sizes, or no window tint? How would they go insulation wise compared to curtains ? and at night do they provide a full degree of privacy? In fact, do you feel curtains are necessary at all ? Are these windows something BTi offered as an option or was it something that you sourced? Sorry this reads like an inquisition, but as you can tell from the number of questions we are really interested. Cheers Robin and Ian Noosa-Nomads
AnswerID: 561687

Our Sponsors