150 L Bladder to Gather Water

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 06, 2004 at 21:16
ThreadID: 120509 Views:8269 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all, As we use our BT mainly in campgrounds, the taps for water or the creek for water is usually some distance away. For all our camping life I have used 20L plastic drums and when the BT came along I used a plastic 60L drum and 12v flojet pump to gather water. I have now swapped over to a 150L water bladder with pump system. In a month or so I will grab another 150L giving 300L of portable storage or BT fill. In the next post you will see a pic of the bladder and pump. The pump I attached to a plastic board (cutting board type) and it hangs in the cargo bay ... has a 12v plug to plug in in cargo bay and a plug in back of F250. Works like so with tap in campground ..... pull up to tap in camp ground ... plug in hose and fill bladder with 150L/300L of mother natures best .... drive back to BT ...take hose from pump and connect to bladder ...run outlet of pump out cargo door and into filler cap and flick on pump ..... voila !! If heading to creek for water .... I grab pump from cargo bay .... back F250 near creek edge .... plug in pump and connect to bladder using standard Gardena Dry Brake fittings .... drop suction hose into creek ... turn on pump and drink a beer or two whilst sitting on tailgate and watching life go by ..... drive back to BT place pump outlet in filler and turn on pump ... voila !!! When finished roll up bladder and store ...place pump back in cargo bay !!!! Bladders are $129.00 ish for the 150 L and range in size 50,100,150,200. I'm going for 2 x 150L .... they measure (150L) 1250mm x 750mm x 400mm when full. They are made on the Gold Coast and even have models approved for diesel fuel ... Turtle Pak is the brand and I purchased mine from Glascraft Marine who do mail order. I'll be using this at Copeton if too far from tap. Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Apr 06, 2004 at 21:18

Tuesday, Apr 06, 2004 at 21:18
AnswerID: 561900

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Apr 06, 2004 at 21:19

Tuesday, Apr 06, 2004 at 21:19
worked in the UK for 3 long cold years I brought back a 40 litre Aquaroll to fill our water tank when bush camping. I always think good idea toilets in Australian van would start using cassette based on a Wastemaster trolley. http://www.caravanadditions.co.uk/acatalog/Aquaroll.html
AnswerID: 561901

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Tuesday, Apr 06, 2004 at 21:20

Tuesday, Apr 06, 2004 at 21:20
I remember reading on another forum where people had bladders behind the inside panels of the vehicle and then were carrying spare water with them. I can't remember how big these bladders were but can't imagine they were as large as "Anthony's". Could also get a bit messy if they puncture. Our comment about the Aquaroll after seeing them at Earls Court is that they stay that size all the time. The bladders that Anthony is using does at least reduce in size when empty. Angie
AnswerID: 561902

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Apr 06, 2004 at 21:21

Tuesday, Apr 06, 2004 at 21:21
we sit Aquaroll in the boot full for backup water. Tucks in neat in place.
AnswerID: 561903

Our Sponsors