Rockgoc cannot post on BOG site

Submitted: Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:19
ThreadID: 120512 Views:5335 Replies:15 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello all, Message from Jan & Ian 'Rockgoc' who have tried to post messages themselves recently and cannot get into the BOG site.... Those persons wanting to hear from Jan regarding questions about Slimline blinds please e-mail Jan directly - e-mail details on the BOG members list. They are going great and their van looks super and working well. Jan is rapt in the little Lemair washing machine 'well worth the investment'
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:22

Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:22
We have sent them an email too, thanks for the heads up, wondered what they were up to. Angie
AnswerID: 561911

Reply By: Rockgoc - Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:23

Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:23
Hi all. We are temporarilly in the site using a mate's computer. For some reason our server has decided to block us from logging in to say anything! There are new photos in our album to look at of the interior and one of the window with the blind pulled half way up. For Angie...regarding the Lemair.....you won't be sorry you got one. They are little beauts. We stored ours in the shower while we were travelling, but now Ian has it tucked in a space under the bed. So light I can lift it out when needed. It will only use cold water, either on mains pressure or you can simply fill it up with a bucket. Of course, as it is only a 2.5 kg jobbie things take that much longer to be done...i.e. to wash a few day's clothes will take some time, but hey...if you're on holidays......Depends on what you are washing as to how long you give it. Really dirty stuff takes about 30 mins. all up from go to woa. For Robyn & Ian regarding the Dometic windows.... We only discovered these type as we were being shown another bloke's van. Paul sort of mentioned them as an afterthought, and the more I thought about them, the more sense they made to me to get them. They have a silver thermal type backing on the blind part, which very effectively blocks heat as well as the light. The windows themselves are double glazed plastic and you can have the window or the flyscreen or the blind all operating separately if you want. They operate just like the blind in a plane window...from the top or bottom. The catches are a click turn and and move type thing, and each window has three, except the bathroom which has the one. Unfortunately, they don't come tinted, but this is a minor irritation when you consider how easy and handy it is having all these other conveniences is. The curtains are a decoration most times now, and we rarely use them, but if you are in a hot climate, then closing the blinds for privacy would make things a bit warm unless you used the air con. By the way, one of the lads was in our van doing some last minute stuff when we picked it up, and his comment .....unprompted, was, "These windows are 100% better than the standard ones" and we thought if the tradesmen think so, then we have chosen wisely. If this isn't enough info for you, then feel free to give us a ring. Use Ian's phone 0408 898796 . Hope you have FUN on Tuesday.....don't let the buggars beat you! Another by the way...thread hijack coming up.....sorry to Rod and Dom for not showing up at the Melbourne show as we said we would....we were still up with the TripnTaps in Markwell, having a ball showing them our van "Doris". and we simply did not have time to come down to the big smoke earlier as we thought we could. Hope they are having a lovely time in their new van.....the grins on their faces in the pics says it all......
AnswerID: 561912

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:24

Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:24
Can we expect to see the word "DORIS" on the back of your van, or will it just have ROCKGOC. Glad to see that you are enjoying Doris so much. They really are a great van arn't they. Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 561913

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:25

Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:25
Jan, thanks for the information on the Lemaire. We are having ours installed in a cupboard so it won't need to be moved around. I have had a number of direct reports from people delighted with them so that is great. Angie
AnswerID: 561914

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:26

Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:26
Forgot to also say thanks for the new photos. Angie luuuuurves 'em. Angie
AnswerID: 561915

Reply By: Rockgoc - Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:27

Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:27
Hi Helen & John. Am using some one else's computer so cannot send a private email. Just wanted to say Hi and howzit going? Good to see the dreaded slab is now done and the delivery day is looming nearer. How's your BATTS? At the moment we are in Wedderburn visiting one of Easy's mates. Getting really good at this driving all over Melbourne in traffic. I am only half as scared as I was originally, and Easy is starting to be a back seat driver which is a sure sign that he can start driving in traffic soon! We are sailing on Saturday at 9am for Tassie. Can't wait to get on that boat! Went down to the very tip of Port Phillip Bay the other day and saw one of the Spirits of Tas. sailing through the heads. What a sight! Still madly in love with Doris. Just have to get the toilet thing right though. A bit stinky, so we may have to do some adjusting of the chemicals. I went back through the old postings until I came to Anthony's one regarding which chemicals to use, and we are using Aqua Chem, so maybe just not correctly. Also we are still battling to get the tv and video set up right. Will tell you all about it when I am back on my own computer. Must away. Cheers to you both, from Jan O & Easy
AnswerID: 561916

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:28

Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:28
This message has been deleted by the author.
AnswerID: 561917

Reply By: Rockgoc - Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:29

Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:29
We're baaack! Thanks to my daughter who has an enquiring mind, and she said "Do this, now do this...now click on here....." so..... On the subject of stinky toilets......thanks for the e mail Noosa Nomads. The problems isn't that the dunny stinks all the time, just when you open the little hole thingie to make a deposit! Now, I realise that things have to be a bit odiferous, but HOW much so is the norm? We use the recommended dose of the green stuff "Aqua Chem" multiplied by about 300!! Easy is not one for reading the destructions until something goes wrong! We are here in sunny downtown Mole Creek Tasmania for a few weeks visiting old mates, rellos and just generally having a good time until it gets too cold for certain male persons to bear! Had a great time sailing over on the Spirit of Tasmania 1 on a day sail. Boy was it rough! Weather perfect.....fun factor 10.5........
AnswerID: 561918

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:30

Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:30
Jan and Ian, I've taken to opening the disc to have a pee to reduce splash factor .... I get in enough trouble at home !!! [smile] When the disc is open the "Blue" chemical I use sure clears the nasal passages and waters the eyes !!!! I've deemed it a part of thetford life as I refuse to sit to pee !!! [IstheLidUpGrin] You could say .... A bit of Stinky is a bit Dinky ... A bit more Stinky will make ya Winky ... too much Stinky will make ya Sinky ... As far as dosage goes .... I'm using 125ml (half cup-ish) of chemical as an initial charge and then (if fullish) another 125ml and a good shake 4-5hrs before emptying. I'd love to get the thetford model that has a mini urinal on the ensuite wall with a hose connection just above disc in bowl .... a quick pee ...a spray of the bottle !! If only they made one !!!! [flushedSmile] If it was available some guys would need it mounted 30 inches from the floor and some 26 inches from the floor !!!! MMMmmmm ! Imagine giving that "specification" to BTi !!! Yeah mate !!! Cough ! Cough !!! Set it at 20 inches from the floor Mate !! Cough !! Cough !! Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 561919

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:31

Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:31
G'day all, We recently changed toilet chemicals from the brown bottle 'aqua-Kem" to a new product called "BioMagic" and have found it most effective. Hardly any odour and you need only 50ml in a 20 litre tank. It is 100% biodegradable so it's environmentally friendly. For first time use, put in 100ml to get rid of residue chemicals. The distributors are BioMagic, P.O. Box 262, Deception Bay, Qld. 4508 or Phone 1800 888 205. I bought it at a display stand at a Caravan Camping Show in Bendigo. Maybe they are attending all the shows - I'll have a look at Rosehill next Wednesday. Anthony, Liz is happier if I sit and I don't mind - no splash, particularly after a few reds! Cheers............Rob
AnswerID: 561920

Reply By: Oldperc - Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:32

Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:32
Anthony 20 inches from the floor!! Boy you must have short legs!! Also at 20 inches from the floor will no doubt significantly reduce the resale value of your BT!! I have found sitting quite acceptable as its no promlem in the dark (save the batteries) and with the light on you could read the paper, be it only for a short time!! Hey, anyway, what happened to beside the good old tree outside. oldperc
David and Ann
'I'am so proud of you poppa'

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 561921

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:33

Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:33
Rob, Three of us tried BioMagic in the cassettes and all came to the conclusion it was not up to the job. This was born out by all of us agreeing that the "empty" was the worst we have ever done. I've just done our 18th trip in BT so have emptied, cleaned and recharged the cassette at least that many times ...especially as four people use it !!! Since Cania I've done 2 cassette empties every trip. The BioMagic empties were terrible ...and after 20 years in a Vet Surgery my stomach is pretty strong. Long consultation with the importers never resolved the issue as to why it was not working with the ingrained formaldehyde in the plastic being the most likely. I bought a new cassette still had the same result so gave up. We used the BioMagic at work (recommended use and dosage) on animals with Gastro Enteritis. It was used on the coat around the rear end to neutralise the odour of the hair. This worked for an initial time of about 1/2 hour then the smell returned with re-application necessary. One application was claimed. Re-application is unsuitable ..it keeps the area too wet. We've gone back to surgical scrub products. Shame really !!! I'm still on the lookout for an environmentally friendly product with the green stuff next for testing in the cassette. Have a look back through the posts around mid last year for the BioMagic thread ? Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 561922

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:34

Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:34
We find that we are able to empty the cassette every 3-4 days with 2 adults and a child. As we go away every weekend on trips, we empty our cassette after our trip and just shortly before our destination. The movement on the road works very well in eliminating any solids that may remain in the cassette. Michael.
AnswerID: 561923

Reply By: Wadefarers - Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:35

Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:35
We have been using a product called Ecocare Activator since we have had the BT. It seems to work ok and most times the smell is not very noticeable (no smell if the little disc is closed). It is supposed to be environmentally friendly and can be disposed of in any septic system. The only trouble with it is that it is a bit fiddly to set up. Takes two hours to prepare the Thetford, but if done the night before travelling its not too bad. Regards Jeff
AnswerID: 561924

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:36

Monday, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:36
Anthony, do you use the Blue Aqua-Chem (with Formaldehyde) everywhere? I was led to belive that certain places fobid discharge of formaldehyde??? Griff
AnswerID: 561925

Our Sponsors