Easter Bushtracker Capers, 10 out of 10,

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 17, 2004 at 21:50
ThreadID: 120520 Views:3478 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all, A great time was had by all at Easter in our BT. Setup went well with the only mistake being I grabbed the very large tarp for the sailtrack instead of the medium. The tarp measured 6 metres by 5 metres so we had a great space to live under outdoors. We went to our favourite local campground at Neurum Creek Bush Retreat at Woodford Qld. My 2 1/2 yr old BT performed immaculately with some 450 litres of water put through the non-potables and a full tank of potable. I estimate some 700 plus Amps were used and replaced from the batteries. Some 20 meals for 4 were prepared with one night being a meal for 6 adults and 2 kids with dessert of course ! [wink] 3 cakes popped out of the oven which went well with a cappuccino or two for the boss and a shot of espresso for me. Ah Bliss !!! Shoot me now !!! [smile] There were a few firsts with the girls this trip. The girls had their first attempt at building a stone dam across a stream to make a small swimming hole. This was very successful with no injuries (crushed fingers etc) and only a few over balance plops into the water. Dad helped with the larger rocks but soon retired to his stubby. [grin] Knowing the owners provided the next thrill for them .... a quad ride around the campground. This excited Nina no end ...she could not believe she was on a motorbike albeit with 4 wheels. Amy now wants one which fell on deaf ears with dad of course. The girls also had their first climb into a ravine/small gorge. We were eventually stopped by vertical rock walls and vines. The area was semi-forest with lichens and baby stags on some rock walls. Nina as a 5 yr old went well with minimal help over some very big boulders ...after the first 100 metres she was an old hand and refused help over anything but the largest boulders. Only one leech was discovered. A few pics follow ....Bushtracker and F250 ....Thousands and thousands ..... camping for a week with our children ....Priceless !!! Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, Apr 17, 2004 at 21:52

Saturday, Apr 17, 2004 at 21:52
AnswerID: 561950

Reply By: TripnTaps - Saturday, Apr 17, 2004 at 21:53

Saturday, Apr 17, 2004 at 21:53
Hi Anthony, What great happy memories you and Cindy are providing for your girls.... as you say truely priceless. Cheers, Helen
AnswerID: 561951

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Saturday, Apr 17, 2004 at 21:54

Saturday, Apr 17, 2004 at 21:54
Maaaaate, What can I say. Lovely pics of your femme fatales as usual. Glad everyone had a lovely time. Not long before we will be having 10 out of 10 capers ourselves, but in the meantime we love sharing other peoples. Thanks for the report. The bike driver seemed a little tense having such a blonde beauty gripping his waist LOL. Angie 103 sleeps to go.
AnswerID: 561952

Our Sponsors