WHo want som pics of their van @ BT - btn 7th - 14th May

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 00:50
ThreadID: 120537 Views:3475 Replies:15 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
In appreciation of the goodwill displayed by two BOG members ( David @ Brian......and the wives of course ) I will be at BT somewhere from the 7th of May to the 14th of MAy to take delivery of our new 20 foot van. I would be more than happy to take photos and email them to those that ask........so if you have a van built / being built or whatever and want some photos - all you have to do is ask.My wife's parents live at Bribie Island, and so we were lucky enough to be able to drop in at BT whenevert the urge came uipon us, during the ingrediants stage of the van. As luck would have it - due to an ill granparent ( 92) we had to leave Qld, and could not be there for the actual building, and so ended up in the same boat as many of you .......GOD ! the number of phone calls / and emails. I relaize that many of you must make a special trip- sometimes requiring hrs and hrs of driving. So if I can be of help ................ "You reap what you sew" Cracker
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 00:56

Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 00:56
Hi Anthony, trust you to think of that. We may actually sleep a couple of nights in the Effie on the way to and from Tassie in our effort to keep moving. I have placed my order with the boss for one of those inflatable mattresses and we have everything else we need to camp out of it, except a shower and some truck stops have those so no problemo. We will also be calling into some friends on the way to catch up so the trip is well planned. Anyway, worst case scenario on delivery day if the van is not ready is going back to the brothers or finding a friendly BT owner to bunk down. It would pain me more to lose the bet I have with someone that BT will deliver on time. LOL. Angie
AnswerID: 562019

Reply By: TripnTaps - Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 00:57

Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 00:57
Hi Angie, Thats exactly how we plan to make the trip north to Qld - camp out in the LC. As we have with us we have found it often the case that 's are not permitted in c'parks -case in point the park used by most BT owners upon collection is a Big 4 and dogs no go there. Would be interested in your info re truck stops for showers ect. Beware of warranty with self inflating matts - having issues ourselves with Adventure Designs Earth Matt who sold to Mountain Designs who sold to someone else in Queensland who wont be responsible. So much for lifetime warranty! And we thought we were wize going with Aussie made for that very reason. Warrantys seem to be worth nothing - things become throw aways with failures these days. I believe BTi would have your van ready on time because they know you will be homeless otherwize.... that wouldn't be Ivan preparing to lose the bet would it? Whats the bet... champers or perhaps a swish dinner out on the town? Cheers to you both, Helen
AnswerID: 562020

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 00:58

Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 00:58
Hi Helen, We have camped out of a station wagon before in Tassie and found it very comfortable and no mozzies!! We wouldn't be getting a self inflating mattress. Already have one of those. Was thinking more of those thick blowup mattresses with the velour one side and about the same size thickness of a bed mattress. Nothing flash, only got to last the occasional night or two. The bet is not with Ivan but a member of the Caravanners forum. A $5 scratchie that I will be very pleased to collect on. I had thought of saying to Steve Gibbs that if the van wasn't ready I would come home with him and sleep in their BT but wouldn't like to push my luck. LOL. He has already used up his quote of good deeds for the year and wouldn't like people to think he was going soft in his old age. LOL. Angie
AnswerID: 562021

Reply By: Cracker - Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 00:59

Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 00:59
OK Jay.....no worries - done Helen - if your van is there......I'll knock out a couple for that as well. Just got the phone call from Bt - "Your van is ready for delivery" ......now I have to collect all the parafin.....purafialnalllly....STUFF for the fit out. I'm ok with socks jocks, blanket and bottle opener - but the ball and chain thinks differently. By the way I had the opportunity to look at the HR tow bar for my 80 series. Hayman Reece model 1508 - 3,500 kgs. It has two(2) fixing points - one through the chassis and the other through the BUMPER BAR. The original bars from Toyota have three bolts - all through the chassis rail....not so sure about the 3,500 kg of the HR bar now Cracker
AnswerID: 562022

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:00

Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:00
This message has been deleted by the author.
AnswerID: 562023

Reply By: TripnTaps - Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:01

Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:01
Hey Cracker, Looks like your going to get to BTi and collect your van well before us now, so would much appreciat a photo or two of our van as offered We jave a date....... Ta daaaaa .....27th May... a month late - but hey whose counting (er.. me, Angie, Jay, Prue ect...among others no doubt) Apparently things have been delayed due to the 'shows' and the number of vans in for hail damage repair under insurance... thats the explanation we have been given.... oh well.. thank goodness for the community spirit of the BOG members Bushtracker David, Cracker and others who help out those of us waiting for our turn. Cheers all, Thanks Cracker, Helen
AnswerID: 562024

Reply By: Luvntravln - Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:02

Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:02
Counting?! Vans late? Better count again and call BTi. We were first scheduled for 17 May and hiccuped to 15 June. Today we were told more like 1 June. I am going up end of next week to see all of the cabinetry and confirm electrical etc locations. Really don't need to make the trip as I know everything will be done properly; just gotta go see what is happening. It is one of those things where you just can't sit still . Will take pics for all to see. tgintl/jay
AnswerID: 562025

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:03

Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:03
'Babe, have a look at the self-inflating camping matresses that you can get from Camping stores. Insulated from the ground so much warmer than blow-ups; 1 or two minutes to roll them up (deflate) & you end up with a tight little roll say 100-150mm diameter; best of all, 10 seconds to inflate. Just a thought Griff
AnswerID: 562026

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:04

Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:04
Thanks Griff, we have got one of those but I would still like something a little more comfy. With the self inflatable I feel all my bones and wake up cranky. Nothing worse than Angie cranky in the morning - ask Ivan. Angie 90 sleeps to go.
AnswerID: 562027

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:05

Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:05
Angie, Yet another hijacked thread. I personnally believe that the only way to go is to have the sturdy aluminium frames stretchers with a thin matteress on them. They are very comfortable, keep you off the cold ground with no humps and bumps, and you can still swing your leg over the side of the bed to get out instead of having to get your weiry bones up off the ground. We carry 2 under our caravan bed for use in the tent when required. We have had the inflatable air beds with velour covering and found them very comfortable to sleep on, BUT I hate waking up during the night laying on the rough hard ground when a bindi eye or similar has punctured them. After several punctures I through ours down the tip and swore never to use them agaain. Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 562028

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:06

Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:06
So has anyone got any pictures to share yet from this wonderful offer? Hope Cracker remembered. Nah, he wouldn't tease me like that......would he? Angie
AnswerID: 562029

Reply By: Jaunty Jordans - Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:07

Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:07
Oh no!!! I don't want to hear all these stories about delivery dates being delayed. We ordered the van 11 months ago with specific delivery date because of very restricted time schedule. We have to travel from Darwin on the 20th June, be in Kunda Pk by Wed 23rd and out of Q'ld by the 16th in order to travel to Adelaide for a conference (as guest speaker). Wayne has made noises re what is the latest date we can take delivery and I have been pretty specific and then been told same story as others(Jay, Helen). Camping out is OK but not when you have to travel from NT to Q'ld and then down to SA all in a 21/2 week period and with 5yr old grandson in tow. Would love some pics if they have started but I'll look at pics of any and every one elses vanas well. Am like Angie luuuuvvve pics!!! Prue
AnswerID: 562030

Reply By: TripnTaps - Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:08

Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:08
Hi Prue & Angie Have posted the latest photos of our van under construction all photos kind favour of BTi - they have been great keeping us in the loop. When is your collection date approx Prue? If it is after the 14th June I can definately post you some photos of your vans construction progress around the 1st week in June, when we get back after maiden trip. Why don't you phone Agata and ask for a picture of progress to date - even if it's just the frame stage.. as we all know it's great to have a progressive album of it 'all coming together. Can hear those BATTS flapping Cheers, Helen
AnswerID: 562031

Reply By: Jaunty Jordans - Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:09

Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:09
Oooooh yes please Helen, I have been in touch with BTi and they have said they will send photos but the BATTs are verrrry bad now as we are down to the 5 week mark!! Our D date is 23rd/24th June, or that is what we specified, so if you are there would love some pics. Prue
AnswerID: 562032

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:10

Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 01:10
Hi Helen (and Prue) Nice photos in the album already Helen. Thanks for them. I guess they always mean more when they belong to your van so good on ya! Only another few months and we will have ours to post for those who come after us. Must admit that I don't know of many that have identified as having their van built after us this year. Most seem to have been in the first 6 months. Prue, know how you feel. Our van will be our permanent home and we are coming all the way from London to pick it up!! Glad that you luuuuurve photos. We must both be visuals. Angie
AnswerID: 562033

Our Sponsors