Couldn't get a Gig at Tamworth or Gympie? What about Copeton?

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:32
ThreadID: 120542 Views:8166 Replies:15 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We are looking at the possibility of providing some entertainment on one of the nights of the Rally at Copeton Waters. There are a couple of choices. We can see if there is some local talent (and I'm assured there is) and then all put in to cover the cost. Alternatively, there may be an undiscovered talent out there who because they are spending so much time travelling around Oz in their Bushtracker haven't really had the opportunity to show their talent to the world. This time Copeton, next time Nashville!! How about it? Are there any singers, guitarists, etc out there who will be attending Copeton and who are prepared to provide the entertainment? How do those who are planning to attend feel about contributing towards booking a local entertainer if we don't get volunteers?
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:34

Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:34
Depends what you are looking for. I don't know if our style is everybodies taste, but we can be persuaded quite easily. We do Meatloaf to the Dave Clark Five.
AnswerID: 562044

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:35

Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:35
I would have thought most of the members would have had a go at something when they get a few reds in them. Andy looked pretty entertaining judging by the photos from last years rally. Where is the old fella by the way, he has been very quiet lately? Angie
AnswerID: 562045

Reply By: Deleted User - Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:36

Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:36
I can volunteer Phil to tell great Ghost Stories around the campfire..... he plays a mean mouth organ as well Lorraine
AnswerID: 562046

Reply By: Deleted User - Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:37

Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:37
Lorraine sold me short - it is actually Blues Harmonica, but need guitar (maybe someone with a big BT can throw in a drum kit!) Phil
AnswerID: 562047

Reply By: Deleted User - Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:38

Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:38
BTs have drum machines and amps ...I'm sure Phil !!! [smile] Especially the ones with outside speakers ..a la Griffster. If there is an amp with mic Amy will do a song maybe ? ... she has quite a range from Casey Chambers to Delta Goodrem. Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 562048

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:39

Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:39
Maybe someone could hire one of those karaoke machines. Could be fun. Angie
AnswerID: 562049

Reply By: TripnTaps - Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:40

Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:40
Angie, You wouldn't by any chance be referring to your old sparring partner... Turist - by any chance? We got a call from him the other morning... he and Judy are making their way down the Darling coming into Vic planning to swing by Wangaratta then along the Murray. Just what you'll be doing this time next year - out there and enjoying it! The weather as previously mentioned in the north east has been dry but spectacular days - clear 20 to 21 degrees - nights about 3 to 5 degrees. We are expecting some rain this weekend - fingers crossed- as only had 15ml since November Have you started packing yet - dont forget to keep out some winter stuff but then after English winter you will probably think our winter is English summer or something like that. Cherio, Helen Sounds like rain coming early ... just had thunder
AnswerID: 562050

Reply By: Deleted User - Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:41

Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:41
This message has been deleted by the manager or assistant manager.
AnswerID: 562051

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:42

Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:42
Nope Helen, definitely meant Andy. I have added a picture to the photo album under the main pictures folder. Great entertainment. And Turist and me spar? Never - I wouldn't take advantage of old people like that. LOL. Not started packing but we are fixing up addresses and tidying up files on the 'puter, and just generally chipping away. Ivan took some books to the bookshop for sale and I am doing some scanning of files and burning onto CD. Work is still quite busy and now I have a replacement to train although she is my Deputy so at least I don't have to worry about full induction to the place. But time does seem to be in overdrive at the moment. See Hobart are expecting snow tomorrow. Ian (Easy) will feel it! It will help them remember why they left Tassie in the first place. Angie 90 sleeps to go (or 13 weeks 'cause it sounds better)
AnswerID: 562052

Reply By: TripnTaps - Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:43

Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:43
Hey Angie, I would say you have taken unfair advantage of Andy with that photo.... no wonder the fellahs have been giving you a ribbing from time to time knowing that you are now not to be trusted with in hand. At Copeton I will only trust you with one when it is pointed in a BT direction Next few weeks will rush by for you and shortly you will get those occassional calls from BTi when something needs to be clarified which makes it all more real. I'll bet you with the cold snap we are having, Easy & Jan are fielding snow in Mole Creek... and he was feeling it here at 18 deg LOL No wonder Jan was looking forward to her expresso. Have you got their website address -Jans been creating a good travel diary. Cheers for now, Helen
AnswerID: 562053

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:44

Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:44
Helen, You don't have to worry about Angie with a camera, she wasn't at the Cania gathering, she just collected copies of photos taken by the rest of us. With all the cameras at the next rally you won't know when one is pointing in your direction.. What is the Web site that Jan is doing? Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 562054

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:45

Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:45
It's true Helen. I didn't take the photo. One of Andy's "friends" did. You should see what they did with his wife's backside whilst she was feeding the Betongs. LOL. Angie luuuuurves photos but don't particularly like being in them. Rule number 1 at Copeton. Trust no-one!! Yes have been following Jan and Easy's travels. Especially now they are back down in Tassie.http://rockgocs.tripod.com/ The days are fair skipping past now. 88 days to go and dropping fast. All phone calls will be gratefully received from BT although my guess is that from this distance I am more likely to be inundated with emails. Still we have tied up a lot of the minor points. How is your BATTS? Must be terrible. Poor things. Angie
AnswerID: 562055

Reply By: TripnTaps - Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:46

Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:46
Angie, Yep thats the website (its a good read Brian) Jan has a way of describing things that makes you feel your sitting beside her ... particularly when things arn't going so well Well like I said this week the BATTS are pretty HUGH round here. John has just finished the BT hangar which is also HUGH - made to fit the Massey tractor and all the implements too of course ... if I can I'll attach a picture that Bushtracker David sent me so it would have advanced from here I'm hoping. Your right about the e-mails ...Steven T is very prompt at writing back which has been very helpful. Cheers for now, Helen
AnswerID: 562056

Reply By: Deleted User - Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:47

Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:47
Bushband? Griff
AnswerID: 562057

Reply By: TripnTaps - Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:48

Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 23:48
Brian, Thats it... we have been warned.. not so covert cameras for that embarrasing shot considering bums and betongs arn't excused.... I will have to go armed with my own for the return shots... be warned Brian et al - you will be under surveilance Helen (eyes wide open always!)
AnswerID: 562058

Our Sponsors