Towing Mirrors. WARNING on set up

Submitted: Friday, Apr 30, 2004 at 08:37
ThreadID: 120549 Views:3642 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I was reading another thread regarding Aussie Truck mirrors and how easy they are to attach over the door rubbers. Prior to getting the Ford Tow Truck mirrors fitted to our F250 I had a pair of these mirrors and found;- 1. Where the adjusting strap goes from the mirror to the bottom of door, it usually rests against a section of the door. Unless you put some padding under this section of strap the virbration while travelling will rub the paint off the door, especially on dusty roads. We solved this with a piece of magnetic tape about 150 mm by 50 mm, and had no further problems. 2. The strap become loose when wet, so if you want the strap really tight poor some water over it when adjusting. 3. If the window is down when driving and you go to wind it up, the force of the wind will cause one of the hooks to get caught over the edge of window, and if you have extra tinting on window it will get damaged. 4. Be careful when tightening using the ratchet as the small cogs of the ratchet will wear quickly and not hold properly. Would you beleive that there is NO spare part item for this. In general we found them a good mirror, but they are not a patch on the extendable electrically adjustable Tow Truck Option mirror from USA that are available for the F250's. It is just a pity that someone hasn't made some for the Toyota and Nissans, as they would be a top seller. Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Our Sponsors