Noosa to Kimberleys via Alice Springs

Submitted: Monday, May 03, 2004 at 22:11
ThreadID: 120554 Views:3166 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
On the 19th of May we plan to leave Noosa on a 3 month trip with Paul & Barb and head out west via Longreach Boulia, then the Plenty Highway to Alice Springs. From Alice Springs we will then travel across the Tanami Track to Halls Creek (WA) before going into the Bungle Bungles, then up to Kununurra and out onto the Gibb River Road through the Kimberleys. We plan to travel into ElQuestro Station, Kalumburu, Mitchell Falls, Old Mornington Station and check out the other sites and gorges on the way, including Tunnel Creek. From there we will head over to Derby and Broome and call in and see Collyn Rivers where we will leave the vans while travelling up to Cape Leveque. After Broome we head down into Karijini National Park and Millstream Chichester National Parks then along the coast via Kalbarri National Park to Perth. From Perth we will travel around the south Coast of WA and across the Nullabor and then down to Victoria. Paul and Barb have their children looking after their home while we have friends house sitting for us, so we can both go of and have a great time enjoying the outback in our Bushtrackers. Doesn't look like we will return to QLD in time for Gimpie Muster this year. But the trip will more than make up for that. I have attached our trip plan that is flexible really and just something to give us a guide as to how we are travelling to get to see everything in the time available. Brian.
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Monday, May 03, 2004 at 22:13

Monday, May 03, 2004 at 22:13
Well looking at this the Fox's and the Swift's are going to have a fantastic trip. Wish we were coming with you, but our day will come. Brian, having trouble accessing your travel itinerary - would you email it to me please so I can follow along. Have traced it in our Hema Atlas and it looks wonderful. Of course, it goes without saying that all photos would be gratefully received although judging by the timing, we are more likely to get to see them when we hopefully all meet up in Melbourne in August. Angie 87 sleeps to go.
AnswerID: 562090

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, May 03, 2004 at 22:14

Monday, May 03, 2004 at 22:14
Hope to read news of your adventure when you return, and where the BT coud and couldn't go. I read someone's report yesterday of getting their BT to Cape Lev. OK.
AnswerID: 562091

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, May 03, 2004 at 22:15

Monday, May 03, 2004 at 22:15
Motherhen7100
Can you point us to the the url of the report re
>I read someone's report yesterday of getting their BT to Cape Lev.
AnswerID: 562092

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, May 03, 2004 at 22:16

Monday, May 03, 2004 at 22:16
Look in the replies to Noosabushtrackers "Kimberly & Pilbara" in general messages 30/4/04
AnswerID: 562093

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, May 03, 2004 at 22:17

Monday, May 03, 2004 at 22:17
Just thought to drop you a line as we lived over there for quite some time and have done the Kimberleys etc some 5-6 times. Firstly the last time we went into the Bungles you weren't allowed to take a van in even though the BT would do it OK. As for the Gibb depending how late the wet was. The graders don't get on it till later. The Derby Shire end is always better as they look after it more than the Wyndham end. If they haven't graded by the time you get on it be very carefull of washouts as have seen 4wd diffs ripped out. The Cape Leveque rode is better than the Gibb. The only thing with it as there are a few Whoopy Doos with heavey sand in the gullys. I nearly rolled a camp trailer on it. That's all you have to be carefull of on it. If you are going down to Perth make the effort to stop at Ningaloo (Lefroy Bay)between Exmouth and Coral Bay. Also about 60kms south of Coral Bay you can go into the coast at Warroora Station there are quite a few camp spots there one of the favourites is the lagoon. There are plenty more if you want to know send us an email. Cheers
AnswerID: 562094

Our Sponsors