TGINTL's Hedonistic Land Yacht

Submitted: Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 11:53
ThreadID: 120560 Views:3301 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All and especially Angie (we know you are living for pics as the days slowly peel off the calendar) - After a very long and hectic day at BTi meeting with everyone about every system - barely had time for lunch (BTi put on a BBQ!) and I didn't go inside anyone's BT (no time - sorry!) - I decided that even though it is late I had to post the pics because we are so extremely happy with our BT that we wanted to share some of the construction to date. The new BTi stove, while not quite as ascetic as the current upgrade is - according to Anthony - much stronger, has automatic spark ignition for the burners, and some other features that I cannot appreciate since I haven't used the current stove. This stove is manufactured in Australia and has the same outside dimensions as the Galaxy stove. We will give it a go! (Anthony - perhaps you can provide a further explanation for prospective buyers.) A hearty thank you to all of the persons at BTi involved in the construction of our soon to be permanent home. Last night I didn't sleep just thinking about what it "might" look like - now I can't sleep because we are so excited about how it does look. A special "thank you" to Bernie for constructing EVERYTHING according to the plans I provided. "Thanks" Bernie. tgintl/jay and tgintl2/jackie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 11:55

Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 11:55
Hey Jay, What's this about BTi putting on a BBQ for you? I think Steve is taking this reconciliation thing far too seriously!! Next he will be letting you ride in the Mack Truck (probably only in the back with the horses though) Hope they throw a full blown party for visitors from overseas. LOL. Thanks for the photos. An amazing use of space in that van. I wondered what the little cupboard inside the door near the ensuite was for and now I know. Great choice on colour scheme too. Jackie has a keen eye. My initial reaction to the new stove is that it is not as pretty as the original one but will try and reserve judgment until I see yours fitted. It is a bit hard for me to envisage it at the moment. It still has the oven for Ivan to make his pizzas so that is the important thing. LOL. Just wondering if SIM were on site to see you today too? If not, when will you be speaking with them to give them your input about location of all the electrical toys you have bought. I was also having trouble figuring out where your matching espresso machine to Griff's is going to be placed. LOL. Angie 84 sleeps (or lack of) to go.
AnswerID: 562120

Reply By: Luvntravln - Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 11:56

Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 11:56
Angie, Steve and I are in the 2nd honeymoon stage . If I forget to provide the honey he is going to boot me and my BT to the moon . Regarding color as they say - you ain't seen nothing yet! More to come. Yes, I will post more pics - stop sweating! The BT lays out like two rooms. Given the floor to ceiling cupboards both behind the cafe seat and on the bed side of the frig, it actually presents as a bedroom and a cafe table/lounge/kitchen room. There will be a curtain that only goes down to the top of the bed to provide privacy/light blockage when the insominac is roaming at odd hours. Regarding space usage - thanks. I actually believe we will have an excess of storage so that we do not have to crowd the shelves. Going from 20' to 21' allowed us to have the cabinet behind the cafe seat. The battery charger and inverter live in the bottom shelf and all of the instruments will cut into the top shelf. Clothes will live in the rest of the space in that cabinet. There is not the flow/openness of some of the BTs (e.g., Foxy) that do not have ceiling high cabinets. We opted for storage as our primary concern since this is not a weekend warrior - it is our home as your BT will be your home. Regarding the stove, Anthony convinced us to give it a go. Instead of four burner the same size, one is much larger for larger pots etc. It is more robust and the top where the burners are located are sealed around the burners so that a spill does not go inside the rest of the stove. There was something else that Anthony said about the fact that he would be able to make two pizzas with this stove. SIM: yup we met and planned. We have three locations for the TV. 1) Sitting on the countertop above the microwave for watching from the cafe table. 2) If you look at the pic entitled "bed" and "bed storage", the small cabinet with the green tape on the surface is where the TV will sit when watching from the bed. What is missing from that pic is a fold-down extended top which lives on a piano hinge affixed to the cabinet wall above the small surface. It is 500mm long (our - yours and mine - TV is 475 long) and it will fold down when needed. 3) Outside! In the "bed storage" photo the same small cabinet is depicted in the right foreground. The top shelf is where our new coffee maker will live. On the bed side of that cabinet will be a double power point and all of the AV connection points. 28 to go! tgintl/jay
AnswerID: 562121

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 11:57

Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 11:57
Come on Angie! No-one else would be crazy enough to put another one of my Java Machines in. Jay is Much More Sensible. (Its coming together rather nicely isn't it?) Ya Hoo Griff
AnswerID: 562122

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 11:58

Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 11:58
Jay, thanks for the update and yes, all forthcoming pictures will be gratefully received. A catch 22 situation in deciding how much storage space versus keeping the openness. We are hoping to keep our chattels to a minimum and I guess having the Effie gives us a little storage space to play with but the heavier everything is the more fuel it will consume. Will be interesting to see how both units go for full time living in. Now I have a little more information about the stove, it looks okay but glad you will be testing the pizza oven before us. Gotta get this one right as we are quite partial to our pizzas. The TV placement options you have selected sound fine. Not quite what you originally intended but I think (well for our purposes) it will be a little more flexible in the long run. To be seen I suppose. Whatever, this BT has been a while in the making and looks like it will do the trick nicely for you and Jac. After all, just because we are going camping for the rest of our lives doesn't mean we shouldn't do it in style eh? Looks like you adopted a couple of our ideas e.g. longer shoe locker next to the bed and the lined cargo hold. Good to see what they look like in real life. Griff, Shame on me to even think that someone could emulate that special facet of the Beast. Can only plead BATTS. And yes, it is coming along quite nicely. Angie
AnswerID: 562123

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 11:59

Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 11:59
Hey Jay Your new BT sounds great. I was looking for the photos, but couldn't find them in the Pictures section. How do I see them??? Bob
AnswerID: 562124

Reply By: Luvntravln - Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 12:00

Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 12:00
Pics are in the album on p2 of the pictures - TGINTL's Hedonistic Land Yacht. tgintl/jay
AnswerID: 562125

Our Sponsors