The 'Boys' Descend on Bushtracker Int.

Submitted: Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 20:32
ThreadID: 120561 Views:3353 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
The boys sure landed at BTi with gusto yesterday. Just to set the scene .... I was taking my BT to BTi for a quote and final booking to repair hail damage. I offered to take Jay up in the effie as he was going to BTi anyway. Gave him a chance to see how effie runs around with a BT on ! Ernie (Nomad) was in town so popped in with us for a chance to see the latest offerings from BTi. What a crew, hey !! Imagine some of the conversations in the vehicle cabin for an hour from us three, up and back !!! [smile] I have to say yesterday at BTi was just amazing !! I have never come across a manufacturer so willing to help after the fact and we were made genuinely welcome. Space was made where I soon had my BT and effie parked off street .... Wayne went straight to work on the quote for repair .... Peter was his usual obliging self. Daniel from Sound in Motion was doing a fitout in a new BT and took time out to discuss my Alpine install. I'll be sporting a sound system after the repair including a power aerial, av inputs for tv audio to run through BT speakers (spoilt now) and a sat cable and connectors in wall/BT front. An hour after the details were finalised I had a faxed quote from Brian at SIM in my hand. I enquired with Wayne about fitting two doors under the rear lower bunk. This bought the cabinet man over and we sorted dimensions, position and stain. Voila ! Done, with them arriving in a week or so ready to be installed when hail damage is done. We sure landed on our stomachs ..Steve and Tracy put on one of their regular Bar-b-cues for the staff which we took full advantage of with a burger or two. This gave us the strength to go on for another 3 hours .... [smile] Could I also thank Steve and Tracy, we discussed various BT subjects ... at length sometimes. Some of the highlights for me were ..... Conrad's new 28ft BT with 10 water tanks ! This BT has to seen to be believed. He will have to charge admission at Copeton !! [smile] The new double glazed open out window option. These have a built in roller insect screen and shutter ...nice !! Some of the new Laminex colours and patterns ... in Conrads was a granite finish on the benchtops ..yum !!! The buit in power aerial from SIM with its drain to the outside of BT ..... All in all a great day with the staff willing to help in any way they could with the result being my BT will be greatly improved when it leaves the factory. Couldnt be happier !! Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 20:34

Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 20:34
I can't wait to see the 28' job - that would rival most motor homes. With 10 tanks, there won't be much water left in Copeton after they're all filled! Phil
AnswerID: 562126

Reply By: Noosa Fox - Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 20:35

Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 20:35
Sorry to disappoint anyone, but you will only get to see a 27ft van; they took a foot off the original length before manufacture started. The water tanks are different to those normally fitted by BTi, they are made from a different type of Poly that does not require stone guards and I think they are 65 litres instead of the normal 82 litre black ones. Brian
Enjoying the friendship of BOG members

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 562127

Our Sponsors