Potential Stove Option

Submitted: Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 20:58
ThreadID: 120562 Views:4047 Replies:15 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day, Jay has decided to use a different stove and I thought I'd better give a few reasons why I liked it ... especially as he went with it on my recommendation ! Does that put my in the HOT seat ... (pun intended). As you see in the pic it has a different look to the "Caprice". The things I liked were ... 1. One burner is significantly larger than the others. Specs would have to be checked but it looks like it would be at least 40 % better in Megajoule output. Great for pasta pot. It aint no commercial burner but an improvement non the less. 2. It has auto ignition. Hooray !! If this does fail at any time as Ernie pointed out just revert to what we do now !! 3. The grill burner has a special "ceramic look" gauze that spreads heat over the grill area much better than a gas line burner. 4. It has two shelves in oven !! Bout bl--dy time !! I refuse to pay $80 for a piece of wire ...just on principal !! 5. Sheet metal seems thicker with a good insulation around oven to keep heat in for vaporising pizzas. Yum !! You need to have look in the flesh of course but it has some great features. Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ... Tow a Bushtracker
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Luvntravln - Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 21:07

Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 21:07
Hi NN The stove is the new BTi option. Paul told me that it is about the same cost as the Caprice. You need to call BTi for al other info. tgintl/jay
AnswerID: 562128

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 21:08

Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 21:08
Jay, Thanks for that info, we will take it up with BTi when we visit next week to finalize our plans. Cheers Ian and Robin
AnswerID: 562129

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 21:09

Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 21:09
Ladies, Anything to do with a man's stomach is a worthy cause for a serious discussion ! [smile] We (BTguys) want the best possible apparatus for our lovely girls to cook up a storm !! [margaretFultonGrin] Dont worry about outdoor cooking so much, a quick wink and a nod and we'll jump to the task .... [primeRibfilletSmile] Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 562130

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 21:10

Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 21:10
What is wrong with the guys cooking some of the time? I enjoy cooking when I have the time.
AnswerID: 562131

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 21:11

Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 21:11
Anthony, a quick wink and a nudge and some men are more likely to jump to conclusions. LOL. And David, nothing wrong with men cooking. My hubby is a very good cook (right arm experimental - a little of this, a little of that). The main thing is that they are also willing to clean up after themselves. Angie
AnswerID: 562132

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 21:12

Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 21:12
From the pics the stove looks like the Swift brand which Kedron are now using & was mentioned in the latest Caravan World. Cheers Darryl
AnswerID: 562133

Reply By: Rockgoc - Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 21:13

Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 21:13
Just a bit of thread hijacking here...but along similar lines.....does anyone else think that the oven should have had a heat vent to the outside? I find that our Tracker gets filled withthe smell of very warm wood every time we open a drawer or cupboard near or next to the oven. This kind of worries me...how hot can the surrounding wood get before there is a potential for fire? Apart from that, the oven/stove is a little ripper having passed the acid test yesterday with me......it produced a very nice sponge cake! Cheers from Jan O
AnswerID: 562134

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 21:14

Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 21:14
Jan, The wood will be ok ! Its not a fire hazard. My BT did this when new and still gets the timber warm around the sink and drawers but the timber has given up its woody fire smell. The timber or benchtop has not warped or anything in over 2 years so it should be right ! I intend placing some extra insulation around the oven area to stop this happening and to get more heat to stay in oven. I'm having trouble finding a suitable material at a fair price that is virtually fireproof. Last material I looked at was for wrapping exhaust pipes on racecars. It didnt come in a large piece only a 50mm wide wrap and was dear to cover a large area. Next I looked at fire blankets but most are now fibreglass. Although they wont support combustion they will melt if near a flame for too long ...personal experience with that one !!! I used our good fireblanket from house to keep heat away from something I was welding ...woops melted it !! Boss was not happy ! I'm trying to find original insulation that is around stove now and just add a layer or two. Grab a torch and have a gander around oven to see original insulation. Stay tuned ... Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 562135

Reply By: Luvntravln - Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 21:15

Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 21:15
Hi BTi is putting insulation on the three enclosed sides of my stove. You might inquire of Tracy what is being used. tgintl/jay
AnswerID: 562136

Reply By: Luvntravln - Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 21:16

Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 21:16
Anthony, Perhaps you can have it done during "new skin" visit. tgintl/jay
AnswerID: 562137

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 21:17

Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 21:17
Food for thought there Jay. I'll place that idea in the oven and see if it cooks. Although I'm very busy and might have to put it on the backburner for this week. No use getting all steamed up about it just yet but will grill Tracy about it when the chance rises .... he's probably all embroiled with work also ! Should have enough dough left over to do the mod ! [smile] Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 562138

Reply By: Wadefarers - Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 21:18

Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 21:18
Anthony "Wood" be interested with what you come up with. I'm sure you have a "burning" ambition to get this right, but be sure that when you "grill" Tracy, you don't "fan force" anything so that the discussion wont get "heated". (All puns intended smile ) A little more heat in the oven for baking would be beneficial. Regards Jeff
AnswerID: 562139

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 21:19

Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 21:19
No worries Jeff ! Now that the idea has been "baked" I'll leave it cool a bit so Tracy doesnt get all "burnt" up about it ... "convectively" speaking. The heat in the oven certainly isnt "latent" ...just late !! More insulation will have me all "aglow" with a "radiant" outlook when making pizzas. Placing the insulation in could be a "recipe" for disaster and requires all the "skillet" a guy can muster. The right person for the job would be "rare" but then the result will be "medium to well done". Hopefully the idea wont "stove" in and it will all "pan" out ! Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 562140

Reply By: Luvntravln - Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 21:20

Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 21:20
Guys The idea has been "cooked" enough; keep this up and it will be "over done". tgintl/jay
AnswerID: 562141

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 21:21

Thursday, May 06, 2004 at 21:21
Ok..Ok...no need to get hot under the collar about all this.....chill out people..
AnswerID: 562142

Our Sponsors