Message from Forum managers

Submitted: Saturday, May 08, 2004 at 01:21
ThreadID: 120564 Views:3691 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
The managers of this forum have discussed the thread recently put on this site headed, "The Wheels Fell Off”. It was agreed by the managers that this thread should be deleted. The reasons for this decision were not related to any potential legal or insurance issues. Nor was the thread removed because it may be perceived to be damaging to Bushtracker. It was removed because John and Sandra have offered no information of any value as to the cause of the incident and therefore left the situation open to speculation and spurious commentary. Enquiries by the managers have revealed that the 14' van was built as a light Tourer for an 82 year old Gentleman many years ago, and in fact was one of the few that ever fitted with light suspension, stub axles, and bearings, as that was the way it was originally ordered. The van was not intended as an off road caravan, and is not typical of the current Off Road caravans built by Bushtracker. The Charter of this Group welcomes objective commentary. John and Sandra’s decision to post photographs and offer no explanation cannot be construed as objective commentary.
Motley

Life's too short to drink bad wine.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Turist - Saturday, May 08, 2004 at 01:23

Saturday, May 08, 2004 at 01:23
Re Censorship.
I support the actions taken by Peter in this case.
It seems that this particular posting was a deliberate stir and perhaps an attempt to embarrass people.
I did not see the post as I was on the road at the time but as I understand it there was no explanation as to the cause of the problems depicted in the photos.
This van seems to have a history, it has been reported as having been grossly overloaded, by almost a tonne if reports are correct.
There is no service history, where the brake drums removed at regular intervals, have the bearings ever been cleaned, repacked or replaced.
We don’t know and it seems that the owners are reluctant to tell us.

Had this posting been supported by some explanatory statements then it would have remained on the site, but perhaps the explanation of the real cause of the bearing failures would prove to be embarrassing to the current owners.

As a “once apon a time” motor mechanic I can assure you that a multiple failure like the one shown simply does not happen to regularly maintained bearings. Maybe one, but not all.
The pics as described to me represent the typical result of poor maintenance and overloading.

Regards
Turist
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 562145

Our Sponsors