Turist Is back

Submitted: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 at 02:12
ThreadID: 120567 Views:4020 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
A short report on a short trip.

Sydney to the BT factory to have a 4th solar panel fitted. More of a self assurance thing than an essential requirement as the 3 panels have been working ok except for one time at the Gympie Muster where we were camped under trees and only got some dappled sunlight. Fourth panel would have been good then.

Then to Conrad’s where we had the dust deflector fitted.
And it works. After a lot of K’s on heavy bulldust we only had a dust film on the back of the van.
Previously we would have expected to have a heavy build up with the tail light section packed with dust and a build up around the rear window.

Then to Bourke via Cunnumulla, Nindygully Pub, (a must), Hebel and Brewarrina.
From Bourke we did “The Darling Run”, the dirt roads that follow the Darling River via Louth, Tilpa, Menindee to the junction with the Murray River at Wentworth.

From Wentworth we followed the Murray to Yarrawonga and then detoured to visit Helen and John outside Wangarratta.

From Wangarratta directly back to Sydney where we have a forthcoming family wedding and then we will be away again to the warm end of the country.

And plenty of free camp spots along the route we took, Bourke and Mildura being the only van parks used as we needed to catch up with shopping and washing.

Best regards
Turist
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Tuesday, May 11, 2004 at 02:14

Tuesday, May 11, 2004 at 02:14
Welcome back Turist and Judy, Glad you had a good trip. Will look forward to the photos in due course. We will be heading to Cunnamulla after Copeton as Ivan has a brother who runs Rockwell Station. They breed those wool-less sheep there. Looking forward to seeing all that. Angie
AnswerID: 562162

Reply By: Turist - Tuesday, May 11, 2004 at 02:15

Tuesday, May 11, 2004 at 02:15
Looks like another sponsor for Ivan to aproach.
One of thosesheepies, a 2 tooth, would be nice at Copeton for the spit roast.
Skinned, gutted and split only please, we will do the rest.

Turist

PS.
If they grow rosemary and mint they could send some as well.
"Do It While You Can"

AnswerID: 562163

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, May 11, 2004 at 02:16

Tuesday, May 11, 2004 at 02:16
An olive trees or garlic in the ground would not go astray !! Some of your bread Bob ! [yum] Welcome back by the way !! Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 562164

Reply By: Wadefarers - Tuesday, May 11, 2004 at 02:17

Tuesday, May 11, 2004 at 02:17
Bob Welcome back! Although you relate to a short trip, for those of us at w**k (nasty four letter word) even that makes me envious. Sounds like it was fun. I have spoken to a couple of others that were out round that area and they said the flies were terrible. How did you find them? Also did you notice a marked improvement with the fourth panel? Looking forward to Copeton, see you there. Regards Jeff
AnswerID: 562165

Reply By: Turist - Tuesday, May 11, 2004 at 02:18

Tuesday, May 11, 2004 at 02:18
Hi Jeff

Well the flies were easy to find, just step out of the van and there they were, and friendly little buggers too.

Plenty of "Aveagoodweekend" sprayed around is about all you can do, but it does work reasonably well.
The problem is that with the extended drought the dung beetles have died off and the fly population has increased dramatically.

Bit too early to make a comment on the 4th panel as we had good sunlight at all times.
The charge rate is higher and we go to pulse green much quicker than before but the real test will be camping under trees for a few weeks.
We did camp in the redgums on the Murray for 4 days in one spot with dappled light and had a full charge at the end of every day, possibly would not have happened with 3 panels.

Regards
Turist
"Do It While You Can"

AnswerID: 562166

Our Sponsors