New Bog-Site Managers

Submitted: Friday, May 14, 2004 at 00:06
ThreadID: 120575 Views:3992 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
The Managers have been dealing with several controversies of late and feel the need to get more qualified individuals on board capable of making Tough Decisions, balanced with Compassion & Understanding, modified by Insightful Logic & Clear Thinking and Good Humour. A Very Tall Order. Accordingly, I have been asked to develop a tool for vetting potential candidates. After extensive academic research, focus group testing and demographic and socio/economic cultural profiling to drive collaborative applications in the area of facilitating front-end networks to leverage holistic paradigms suitable for the position of BOG site Manager or Asisstant Manager, I have devised a simple 4 question test that will determine whether you are qualified to aspire to this lofty status. Scroll down for each answer, but DO NOT SCROLL DOWN UNTILL YOU HAVE ANSWERED the question. 1. How do you put a giraffe into a refrigerator? Correct Answer: Open the 'fridge, put the giraffe in, and then close the door. (This question tested your tendency to over-complicate simple things. On the other hand, for every complex question, there is a simple, black and white solution that is wrong. Can't win.) 2. How do you put an elephant into the refridgerator? Did you say, 'Open the refrigerator, put the elephant in and cloese the door'? Wrong answer. Correct Answer: Open the refrigerator, remove the giraffe, put the elephant in, and close the door. (This tests your ability to think through the consequences of your previous actions. Be awfully sure before doing something that you can't undo if you find you were wrong.) 3. The Lion King is hosting an animal conference. All the animals attended..... except one.... Which animal does not attend? Correct Answer: The elephant. He is still in the fridge. You put him there. (This tests your memory. Do you have Alltimers? (Thats where you forget all the time)) OK, even if you didn't get the first three correct, you still have one more chance to show your true abilities. 4. There is a river you must cross, but it is inhabited by crocodiles and it's too deep for your F250 and you do not have a boat (not even a Port-a-bote). How do you manage it? Correct Answer: You jump in the river and you swm accross. Have you not been listening? All the animals (except the elephant) are at the conference! (This tests whether you learned anything from your previous mistakes - apparently not.) According to Anderson Consulting Worldwide, around 90% of applicants for high level responsibility got all answers wrong, so don't feel too bad. However, a majority of preschoolers got the majority of answers right. Anderson's concludes that this disproves the notion that most senior execs have the brains of a four year old - they don't quite make that level. I'll go back to sleep now and sleep like a baby - you know, wake up every three hours crying... Griff
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, May 14, 2004 at 00:08

Friday, May 14, 2004 at 00:08
Griff, Me thinks your chance of promotion to Manager (even though you qualify using above criteria) is like what happened to the gay magician .... it went poof !!! [grin] And I'm sure you'll lose sleep over that one .... more pills mate ...more pills !!!! I'll borrow a phrase a good mate always quotes to me ...... Nuffin to do and all day to do it in !!!! [ReclinerRockerSmile] Yours in Perpetuity Anthony Explore this Great Land ....Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 562197

Reply By: Turist - Friday, May 14, 2004 at 00:09

Friday, May 14, 2004 at 00:09
Warning!!
Do not stir the managers.
They have THE POWER.

The managers can select the members.
The members can obey the managers.

Please practise forelock tugging and walking backwards prior to the rally. Sloppy efforts will be punished.
Genuflucting will be accepted, saluting not required after 10am

Sir, Your Honourable Self, Majesty, Revered One, Fearless Leader are some of the acceptable methods of address.

The R. H. Turist, T.O.O.B.A.

"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 562198

Reply By: Luvntravln - Friday, May 14, 2004 at 00:10

Friday, May 14, 2004 at 00:10
Kiss my what ? tgintl/jay
AnswerID: 562199

Our Sponsors