Help ! Did I forget anything ?

Submitted: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 20:41
ThreadID: 120584 Views:3659 Replies:9 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Greetings all, My BT was emptied last weekend in anticipation for re-skin next week. Could not believe the amount of stuff now on floor in rumpus room. Funny how every space in BT is filled with sumthin'. Everything that you can remove without tools is out ! One thing the boss commented on and was "Not happy Jan" ...the curtains are not washable ...dry clean only ! Even then, the instructions to the dry cleaner were strict. I hope after 2 years now the curtains in the newer BTs are washable ? Boss commented she might remake in blue from burgundy as a change anyway ! The list of alterations as follows ... Install Alpine system and speakers ...including power aerial. RCA inputs in wall near tv (to Alpine head unit) so tv and iPod go through Alpine system. Plate in wall near spare tyre with "F" connector, same in wall near sat decoder ...to connect sat co-ax. TV antenna cable socket already there on other side. Two doors being fitted to lower bunk wall for easier access to under bunk storage. Extra set of brake/tail/indicator lights fitted up high on rear of BT. Just below dust deflector height. Any other mods anyone can think of while skin is off .....? I was a bit worried about towing up to BTi with really light ballweight (only 90kgs now) after filling front water tanks that will help but I would like more. Then it dawned on me ... place water bladder in cargo bay and fill .... 150kgs in cargo bay. In combination with front tanks I should get 200kg (ish) ...much better ! Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: TripnTaps - Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 20:43

Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 20:43
Anthony, Yep.... yer wallet! (Or fantastic plastic!!!!!) Have fun.... Cheers Helen
AnswerID: 562268

Reply By: Luvntravln - Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 20:44

Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 20:44
Anthony, Do you really want either Griff or me to answer your question? Forget fantastic plastic - better call out Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and start hunting for the right bank ! tgintl/jay
AnswerID: 562269

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 20:45

Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 20:45
Helen, Dont worry about that wallet thingy .. I opened it and once the moths (huge Bogongs) cleared I found nuffin !! (Read ...spent last months allowance from Bossbabe already). Cindy has limited me severely in the BT re-fitout and I'm really skating on thin ice .... I just blamed Tracy at BTi ...and Griff ...and Jay ! Hehehehehe !!! [FiscalSmirk] Jay, Unlike the Griffster and your good self mine is a sensible BT not a wanton exercise in fitment rectitude with new heights of muse. [slinkyWink] And dont think for a minute I'm at all envious ... because I'm not ... I'm not ...I'm not ... I'm not ...! I'm not ... Well ! Just a bit .... [smile] Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 562270

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 20:46

Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 20:46
Anthony, Only thing I suggest is Trailer Vision from www.ktcables.com.au everybody should have them. Thinking good thoughts for you Macka
AnswerID: 562271

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 20:47

Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 20:47
I'll ignore all the sly digs. Exterior Bargman light? (Or do you already got one?) Useful for getting key in door p.m. Whilst on the subject of Bargmans and ensuite lights etc, anyone tried substituting globes with a more efficient one? (Current one draws nearly 2 amps for not much lumens - incandescent I suspect.) Griff the Affronted
AnswerID: 562272

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 20:48

Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 20:48
Need any more exterior 12 or 240v outlets? Exterior speaker outlets? Griff
AnswerID: 562273

Reply By: Tassietracker5 - Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 20:49

Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 20:49
Anthony What about extra support if you wish to use the clip on clothes line that has fixed location points that you fix to van and then if it rains you can relocate it to under the awning on another set of mounts. Also exterior decals. We had ours done withe blue strip to match effie. Cabeling for a future rear camera. Rod
AnswerID: 562274

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 20:50

Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 20:50
This message has been deleted by the manager or assistant manager.
AnswerID: 562275

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 20:51

Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 20:51
All good suggestions ...keep em coming ...only days left !! 12v is ok. I'm doing a socket (via roof beam) above sink myself. 240v seems ok there ! Blue Stripe ... beat ya Rod ! Blue from original build ![smile] I have removable clothes line at back and extra hangers on annexe side. Already have rear camera ...installed a year or so ago. Was thinking of going through wall with cable but will stick with running in channel ...more serviceable. BT skin on annexe side is not being replaced. Griff, I tried to find a replacement led globe for the ensuite light. In fact I was going to use the item you gave me until I used it for moonglow at night. Was kinda hard to adapt anyway because of tight space. I did paint the inside of the glass yellow to tame down the floodlight effect on the naked body the original gives !!! If you find a suitable led or incandescent bayonet bulb at half the wattage .... please post brand and model. I even thought of mounting a few leds in clear casting resin with the mould being the existing glass cover but its way down the list !! For every item on list I add the babes (3of)add three ...... Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 562276

Our Sponsors