Caravan Parks - Sunshine Coast

Submitted: Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:22
ThreadID: 120589 Views:3817 Replies:15 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello One week to departure; two weeks to delivery! BATTS are flying everywhere. After delivery the fun starts! Most owners taking delivery of their van arrive at BTi with a minimum of necessities, do a stow for a few days, and then off on a shake-down either in the area near BTi or enroute to their home where they might take many weeks or months setting up their new "toy" for all of the expected usage. Others like Angie and us arrive at BTi and take delivery of their permanent home! There is no place to go and stow and stock; it all happens on the fly. Our first week we are booked into the traditional Forest Glen and then a weekend with Anthony et al with the umbilical cord unplugged while we shake-down without power. Initially we had planned to then head North and start caravaning; now we are not so sure as there is so much to stock and stow, install all the nonskid et cetera that we have decided to return to stay in the area for a couple of more weeks just getting everything right before hitting the open road. Of course, we can go back to Forest Glen. We do want to be in reasonable proximity to Bunnings and other venues that will provide the necessities for our new mode of living as we prepare to tackle this big country. Any other suggestions for parks in the area that members have found are as good or better for a 2 - 3 week stay while working on our new home. If we do it right the first time and take our time we will only do it once (he says laughing with a big smile ). Cheers, tgintl/jay
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:26

Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:26
How's your toolbox looking? Hammers; saws; soldering sets; glues; liquid metal; files; socket sets; spanner & shifter sets; pliers & cutters; levels; string & bailing wire; fuses, globes, rivetts, screws, nails, washers, auto cable, spade terminals & shrink wrap; crimping tool; screw drivers; hex, posi, allen, phillips bits; 14 or 18v drill/screw driver; drill bits; multi meter; stanley knife; rivett gun ........... (Probably already got it all from your previous life as Captain Skywave..) I think you've already got your First Aid Kit sorted? Extra fire extinguisher for Big Red? Torches? Oh, you will have fun at Bunnings!!! I love hardware stores. Griff
AnswerID: 562297

Reply By: Luvntravln - Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:27

Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:27
Thanks all Griff - you got the message! Anthony/Turist - those are places we will definitely go once everything is stocked and stowed. Back to the original request: we have decided to spend an extra couple of weeks in the Maroochydore general area stocking spare parts (during the past year there were several threads about what spares should be carried), stowing everything properly to minimize breakage when we bounce around here and there (it takes time simply to line all of the shelves with nonskid et cetera), reviewing all of the manuals, and generally getting to know our BT. Other than Forest Glen, any suggestions for caravan parks in the Maroochydore general area? Thanks, tgintl/jay
AnswerID: 562298

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:28

Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:28
Jay, Try the now merged Cotton Trees/ Pincushion Caravan Park at M'dore. Right on the beach so to speak. I think it is the Noosa River mouth that it sits beside. Great beach out front for a walk or two with a loved one ..... a nice meal on the R&D stove .... a single rose on the table ..... waddya waiting for ..!!!!!! [smile] Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ... Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 562299

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:29

Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:29
Jay, You should remember light globes etc Macka
AnswerID: 562300

Reply By: Suncoasters - Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:30

Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:30
Jay,

I can definitely recommend the caravan park at Cotton Tree. It is at the mouth of the Maroochy River so you have the river on one side and the ocean right in front. There are several nice resturants within 300 meters of the front gate and Bunnings is only 2K away. What more could you want.

David
AnswerID: 562301

Reply By: Turist - Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:31

Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:31
And if you go into the "Pincushion' end and ask for a site down near the campers they are HEAPS bigger thn normal.
No concrete slabs and the amenities is a de-mountable container type but it does give more privacy and grass.
No concrete slabs at that end.

Turist
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 562302

Reply By: Jaunty Jordans - Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:32

Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:32
Hi Jay, Have just this minute got off the phone to the Cottontree cp asking same question. This park has been recommended by several people and they are quite used to totally inept persons who have picked up their magnificent home on wheels and promise there will be no divorce battles re parking in their cp. They don't promise that there won't be other battles over marital rights to bits and pieces though!!! They inform me that they ddon't take bookings and that you simply ring them early in the morning of the day you want to come in, (naturally this means I will ring the day before cos I'm a contrary bitch!!). Q'ld school hols begin on 26th June but that's not the problem, it's all the southerners escaping the cold at that time of year that use all the space. We have decided that is where we'll head after picking up BT. Prue
AnswerID: 562303

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:33

Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:33
Hi Jay It's getting closer! We cheked out your van today when we spent MOST of the day signing up. Delivery end of February 05. We have booked at the Mooloolaba Caravan Park for Easter - it has a separate section from the main park with absolute beach frontage (ie fall on to the sand) just across the esplanade from all the cool apartment blocks and restaurants. It will be my first challenge for manoeuvring a van (tremble). Bob
AnswerID: 562304

Reply By: Luvntravln - Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:34

Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:34
Hi Bob I know that park - just down from the Mooloolaba Yacht Club. I am going to check it out while I am at Forest Glen. So, what's with my van? Cheers, tgintl/jay
AnswerID: 562305

Reply By: Bushtracker42 - Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:35

Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:35
Good choice.

We had to change our site as they selected one with a
low tree, but you get used to this.

We have a tall van, so overhead trees can be a
problem.

That’s alright sir, this site has none.

……

That site has a branch sticking out over the entry at
< 3 metres.

Oh, I did not realise that. Well just pick a
site and come back and tell us which one.

Surprisingly not much worse when they see the van
first + ours is 100mm higher. (I told jenny I could not wash up if I could not
stand up straight).

----------------------

Gary Harding

TriSys Engineering/III

AnswerID: 562306

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:36

Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:36
Jay quipped : > So, what's with my van? > I know what's with your BT from Monday !! I'm taking 3 bottles of water to drink on the way up to BTi on Monday .... Mate ! I'll be sprinting to your thetford as soon as I arrive !!!! I hope the cassettes in ............. Hehehehehehehehehehehehe !!! [fullKidneyGrin/Smirk] Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ..Do it Easy with a Tested Thetford ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 562307

Reply By: Luvntravln - Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:37

Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:37
Anthony Be my guest; however, the charge for usage is five pics of our BT for each sitting or in your case standing - and make sure you lift the lid and put it down when you are finished! tgintl/jay
AnswerID: 562308

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:38

Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:38
The Coolum Beach Caravan Park is pretty good provided you get an upowered site - located just at the north end of the shops on the main esplanade. But don't stay with the plebs (is that phrase ok to use? We really need some suitable slang for non-BT tourists) - use your solar/battery system and get an upowered site on the grass right at the beachfront and away from the crowds. If you are booking ahead, these are good sites - unpowered #250, #249, #240, #239 Phil
AnswerID: 562309

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:39

Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:39
Jay, Seeing as you're only one day behind me I'll do the gracious aussie thing and let you use it first ! [smile] Dont forget your additive for the cassette ! Jackie, Jay must be driving you round the twist at the moment ! Is he sleeping at all ?? Consequently ... are YOU getting enough rest ? [smile] Phil, Plebs ( the common people, Roman origin) might be a bit apt but strong ? [grin] We dont want to start a class war... so how about Bushtrackers and the others are Bushbashers ? [wink] Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 562310

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:40

Friday, May 21, 2004 at 11:40
Memories of Maloolabah Caravan Park on our first couple of nights. NOISY PLACE..... Road traffic on one side until early hours, hoons laying rubber and thumping audio systems. Then just before dawn on the beach side, the walkers start thumping along the boardwalk, chatting and laughing. On the Saturday night there was a disco party happening at the Surfclub. We could have rocked all night on the slab! My choice would be Cottontrees, Coolum or Mudgimba. Have fun.........Rob
AnswerID: 562311

Our Sponsors