New pick-ups

Submitted: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 18:52
ThreadID: 120598 Views:3607 Replies:7 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi there, Just want to say that we will be thinking of all those who are doing pick-ups of new BTs over the next couple of weeks. Telling you now in case we miss you in the time lapse/hazy days of packing etc. We hope that all the expectations are well exceeded and the preparations and sleepless nights you have put into planning your new toys are rewarded by the size of the smiles on your faces and the envious looks of others who drive past or are parked nearby. And of course, if anyone has time to take some photos, you know at least one person who will be eternally grateful that you helped her cope with the last 66 sleeps. Safe travels and happy trails The Babe and Buck.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 18:54

Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 18:54
Hi The Babe & Buck Our BT18 was to be picked up in 66 sleepless nights as well,but due to job commitments we had to defer for another 19 days.After 5 years of White Fella dreaming whats 19 days(HEAPS).Anyways half our dream (LC100 T/D) has been kitted out and is on the back of a truck,somewhere between Brisbane and Darwin and then only a short trip by Barge to Gove.Then when the car arrives we have about 77 days to pack it up (probably a dozen times)ready for when the track out of Gove to Katherine is open and down to Kunda Park Enjoy your pick up day ,we will only be 27,360 minutes behind. Cheers Julie & Ulrich
AnswerID: 562347

Reply By: Jaunty Jordans - Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 18:55

Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 18:55
Hi Angie & Ivan, Julie & Ulrich, Angie and Ivan: hope everything goes well and you have no delays getting back to Oz or with BT delivery day. Don't know how you are coping but we have only 24 sleeps before we leave for pick up day. I'm sleepless and am having difficulty deciding whether I want the day to come more quickly or to slow down cos I've got student reports to do as well as pack what we need for D day!!?? Julie and Ulrich: from Gove huh!! We have just moved in from Groote Eylandt this year. Bought 100 seriesLC and then had to decide whether to ship it out or leave it in Darwin in case we moved onto mainland. We moved and are now in Batchelor and have perfect place for storing BT during those times we have to work in order to pay for next trip. I believe everyone else calls that time school terms?? To all: Living on the edge of Litchfield NP we have been looking out for BTs on the move but so far have seen none. Today hubby drove group of students to Darwin for fishing charter and on the way spotted ......you guessed it A BT. He said he wanted to turn round and follow it south. So when he returned we got on our bikes and rode round to the cp to check out the vans. No luck. Surely someone who owns a BT will head up this way soon, pllleeeaaassse. Prue
AnswerID: 562348

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 18:56

Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 18:56
Hi Julie and Ulrich, The 66 sleeps was actually until we fly out of London. Our pickup date requested of BT is 2nd September, so I reckon you will still beat us in easy peasy. LOL. Ours has only been 3 years of planning so can't imagine what 5 years of it has been like. But as you say another 19 days is nothing........ Sounds like you have the same desktop countdown we have to know how many seconds. Prue, 24 sleeps (or lack of). Wow! That is great. Another successful BATTS survivor coming our way. LOL. Hope the prep goes well. Ditto for Julie and Ulrich. Angie
AnswerID: 562349

Reply By: TripnTaps - Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 18:57

Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 18:57
Hi fellow Boggers, It's interesting to read about how others have been planning for their ultimate escape abode and how long it has taken. We also have been planning for 'TODAY' for us since 2000 - so 4 years in the creating stage of what is the best choice for us which is why we are part of this forum, and it has been a valuable and appreciated resource for us. All our questions have been considerately answered and in some instances very patiently ( thanks Anthony - and John thanks you too - if his answers were too brief after having me give him the third degree I would refer it back to the forum for a helpful explanation willingly given Our BT is ready for us from TODAY .... Yipeeeeee.... at last - and yet I am nervous at finally seeing it all done ... hoping all our plans at functionality are as good as we have planned and plotted with the good folks at BTi. So to Angie & Ivan - thanks for your good wishes to us as one of those fortunate enough to be collecting our BT and your help in finalising our floorplan we will be hanging out to hear of your preparations for flying home to OZ and your pickup. Prue, it will come round quickly now and you are bound to see some BT's on your trip south. (We have seen a number of BT's parked outside the famous Cheese factory at Milawa ... a stop you will have to make when you come to the North East Vic and High Country) To Julie and Ulrich and everyone else waiting - what a great community of like minded people we have met through this forum and look forward to meeting you all at Copeton in September. See you on the road, Cheers all Helen, John and Koadie
AnswerID: 562350

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 18:58

Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 18:58
Helen, Go gettem girl!! Angie
AnswerID: 562351

Reply By: Deleted User - Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 18:59

Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 18:59
Helen and John, I have enjoyed our phone chats and look forward to meeeting you both at Copeton. There is only one thing better than planning your own BT and that is having it to play with ..... Safe trip home ...enjoy !!! Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 562352

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 19:00

Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 19:00
Helen and John and Koadie, Saw the photos of your new van. It looks lovely and v-e-r-y functional. I know you will have many happy journeys in it. Aren't we all going to have a lot of fun looking at each others vans at Copeton? Where is Koadie's bed? Angie 60 sleeps to go.
AnswerID: 562353

Our Sponsors