BT table rigidity

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 03:19
ThreadID: 120612 Views:3472 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
There has been some discussion in the past on the rigidity of the BT table. Has anyone come up with a satisfactory solution to this problem? Also, has anyone seen a table design that allows the table to be removed, for extra space, without leaving a hole in the floor? The table needs to be fixed in the van at the seating while travelling, stable and simple to remove. Probably something like the passenger aircraft type that flip/foldout from the seat armrests. Are there any innovative ideas out there? Dusky
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Turist - Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 03:21

Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 03:21
Dusky, whatcha gunna do with the "extra space" when the table is removed?
Too small for dancing, too short for horizontal excersises, no good for storage!!

But there are other options.
A telescoping table support that can be lowered to make an infill between seats if you have the 'cafe' type layout. Makes another bed.
An angled support leg that allows removal or folding against the wall. Whitworths and caravan Accesories catalogues show them.
Neither type looks like it would stand up to the rigours of O/Back roads.

Regards
Turist

PS. There is no hole in the floor when table base removed, it is surface mounted.
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 562410

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 03:22

Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 03:22
I've been looking again at options and will go with the reelax non-adjustable mount. I've asked the boss to decide on a height that she is comfortable with ......and final test over Queens birthday weekend away. To be honest we adjusted the height when we first got the BT but have not shifted it since. This height will be given to reelax and they'll make up the pedestal to suit. Cost for the ally one was about $150. Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 562411

Reply By: Deleted User - Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 03:23

Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 03:23
re caravan tables We have the polished stainless steel reelax table leg (with corian top) in our 4 month old, 22 ft Boroma, in a cafe seating arrangement. Very pleased with it, doesn't wobble at all... We are currently up at Boulia at the camel races. A Swiss couple arrived here yesterday, in 3 week old Bushtracker. We got chatting to them (as you do) - they had no information on your forum site, so we have given them all the details...expect 2 new bogger members soon. regards Hendo
AnswerID: 562412

Our Sponsors