more pictures for Angie

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:11
ThreadID: 120621 Views:3816 Replies:15 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Angie, Two sleeps to go before we head out from Batchelor to BT factory and 7 sleeps before we begin to drive Wayne mad re driving new BT out of yard. I have put some pics on board and am expecting more tomorrow. Will try to put those up as well before we leave. Had to drive up to Darwin yesterday and followed our first BT in to town from Palmerston. They weren't on the radio so couldn't find out any info. Made the trip worthwhile just to follow and discuss differences and similarities. Not much sleep in our house at present and problem of just how do you fit everything into Landcruiser that you think you might need in BT??? How many sleeps are you now? Prue
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:14

Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:14
Prue & Helen, Many thanks for your updates (not like a certain TGINTL I could name, who has gone mysteriously and frustratingly quiet on providing report and photos for all those of us who suffered with him LOL). We have 42 sleeps until we leave London and obviously the countdown varies between too slow and too fast. Our agreed pickup date is September 2nd so that is probably why it's not on the board yet Helen. Paul said they won't start our van until the end of July so if we are lucky, when we go to visit the factory in the first week of August, we might see the wheels leaning up against the side of the shed wall. But it doesn't matter as one picture of OUR BT will be just as magical for us as looking at everyone else's photos which we love. So glad the pickup day went well. It must give Prue heart that the pickup can be relatively painless. I don't know if I will be able to drag Ivan out of bed in Brisbane at 3am, but it's handy to know they are early starters there. Perhaps Steve will give us croissants for breakfast. Prue, those BT owners driving towards Darwin were probably wondering about the strange couple stalking them. Shame you couldn't have had a chat, but maybe they weren't game to stop. Thank you both for the great photos, you know how much I luuuuurve 'em. Keep them coming. We are only just surviving here. LOL Angie 42 sleeps to go
AnswerID: 562449

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:15

Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:15
Helen & John, Congratulations, and well done coming down the big hill from Nowendoc to Gloucester. For the record, it's a 14% grade for about 12 km - Low gear coming down with the sharpest bends at the bottom. We were in 1st gear for 15 minutes going up in May. Yes, the camp at Bretti is a beaut - also the camp at Gloryvale Reserve, 11 km further south at Manning River crossing . We take this route when heading to Qld. - one and a half hours shorter than either the Pacific or New England Highway. I've also posted some new photos in our album on Page 2 of the Pictures site. Mt. Lindsay, Expedition NP and Ka Ka Mundi. Talking of steep grades, the north and south approaches to Bunya Mountains are 20 % and I wouldn't like to challenge anything steeper! Cheers.........Rob
AnswerID: 562450

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:16

Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:16
Also saw a very new looking BT southbound on Mona Vale Road, St. Ives about 10.30 am Monday 14 June and thought that it may have been you ?? ..............Rob
AnswerID: 562451

Reply By: Jaunty Jordans - Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:17

Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:17
Hi Rob, You mention a route that takes off an hour and a half of the trip from Brisbane to Sydney. Can you give me some more details as that's the way we head after pick up and I hate the Pacific but figure the New England is too hilly. Thanks Prue
AnswerID: 562452

Reply By: Wadefarers - Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:18

Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:18
Saw a BT in Moss Vale around 3.45 on Friday 11 June towed by a 100 Series?. Not sure as I was behind another van so only got a last second glimpse. Didn't have cb on as it was only going to be a short trip. Anyone from the group??? Regards Jeff
AnswerID: 562453

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:19

Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:19
Hi Rob, many many thanks for your pictures too. The one of Mt Lindsay is gracing our desktop as we speak. It is lovely to see a Bushtracker caravan photo with the various backdrops as they come through. Ahhhh a Bushtracker in the wild - just as nature intended it! Angie 41 sleeps until we leave 77 days until BT pickup
AnswerID: 562454

Reply By: Wadefarers - Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:20

Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:20
Angie I know you like the idea of a BT in the wild but, for a change, what about a "cut and paste" job of a BT into either Piccadilly Circus or perhaps Trafalgar Square. Ivan could then percieve how to avoid one while driving the double decker. Might also make our pommie "friends" envious. Just a thought to keep those BATTS away. Regards Jeff
AnswerID: 562455

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:21

Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:21
Jeff, excellent idea. Will see what I can do. I like this kind of challenge. Angie
AnswerID: 562456

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:22

Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:22
Prue, Take the Cunningham Highway through Ipswich, Warwick, Tenterfield, Armidale (474km from Bris.). Turn left at Uralla, Sign will say Walcha. This is Thunderbolts Way. Straight through Walcha. Stop at Lookout RHS about 20km south of Nowendoc turnoff. Check your brake controller setting so the vans brakes are felt coming on. Then down the big hill. When you see a sign "Trucks must use low gear" - do the same !! Once over the bridge at the bottom, about 13km from the bridge you'll see the Bretti Camping reserve down on the River - Great place to camp. After Gloucester you are on The Buckets Way and will meet Pacific Highway about 20km north of Raymond Terrace. If coming out to Nelson Bay, turn left 3km down the Highway from where you turned onto it. Follow signs to Nelson Bay to the roundabout where you'll see a sign to Salamander Shops (blue) & Toboggan Run (brown). TURN LEFT and STOP in 100m. You are outside our house. To drive in, go down to the next roundabout and come back. Drive up in front of our BT garage (green) and then you can reverse back into the house driveway so you can leave in a forward direction. You can hook up to power and water. You're Welcome ! If you are not coming in, continue through Hexham and onto the F3 to Sydney. Happy travels..........Rob & Liz (02) 49811453 - 0412 416444
AnswerID: 562457

Reply By: TripnTaps - Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:23

Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:23
Hi Rob & all, Thanks for your good wishes. No that wasn't us in St Ives, nor did we go via Moss Vale Jeff - but with the number of BTs coming out of the factory in Kunda Park I would suggest the Boggers are just a small number of the BTs getting around Oz. Saw a really nice floorplan at the factory 'Haupt's BT' a 21fter with a club lounge at the back, Kitchen kinda middle with robe and en-suite either side of the small hall to the island bed (but I would've liked another 6inches in the bedroom - bit squeezy at the foot end of the bed) but very liveable and lots of cupboard space (with cupboard space more weight of course) It is so interesting to see how much the designs can vary with peoples imput. I am very happy with my Smeg drop in stove top and under bench oven. Works a treat and not many bits to come loose as has been an issue with the Caprice model. Rob how are you finding your LC V8 for running cost. We havn't done a proper calc for ours yet - have you done a costing on unleaded fuel... litres per hundred kilometers? Loved your photos in the album ... the boab tree and Mt Flinders ... great shots Angie you will be on single digits in no time... then no sleep at all LOL Cheers all, Helen
AnswerID: 562458

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:24

Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:24
Helen quipped, <start> but I would've liked another 6inches in the bedroom <end> There is a dozen or more smartypants answers to that statement Helen !! But I aint touchin' it !! [flaccidGrin] Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ... Do it Easy ... Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 562459

Reply By: TripnTaps - Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:25

Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:25
Crikey Anthony, What a fellah can read into an innocent observation...... thought you had been quiet of late..... trust me to get the reminder of your quick wit when I least expect it.... gee - its nice to be back among friends Helen ....(embarrassed ha,ha,ha,ha ....) PS Turist..... just dont go there .....P L E A S E!!!
AnswerID: 562460

Reply By: Turist - Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:26

Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:26
Been there, done that, copped a hiding, leave it alone now.
(Until next opportunity)

Turist
"Do It While You Can"
Nobody is getting any younger.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 562461

Reply By: Deleted User - Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:27

Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:27
Helen, If you'd said 150mm, Anthony probably wouldn't have blinked (or winked) an eyelid. Re LC V8 economy......I want my turbo diesel back! Trip was 5200km and consumption averaged 26 l/100km. Admittedly, there was a lot of steep ups and downs ( to 1100m above sea level) + a lot of low range in difficult areas of Expedition and Ka Ka Mundi. Range is about 560km on full tanks. Without BT, when the warning light comes on for the main tank, you have about 90km left (the TD was 170km) and, for the sub tank it is only 10km (TD was 30). So, with BT it's probably only 60 and 6. I'd like to hear someone's experience with Factory Turbo, particularly if they've had "power enhancement" such as Berrima Diesel Service's which apparrently boosts to 175kw and 470Nm. cheers...........Rob
AnswerID: 562462

Reply By: TripnTaps - Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:28

Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:28
Hi Rob, Thanks for the stats on your LC V8 'economy'.... from our rough calculations we figure using about the same. Plenty of power though so cannot fault it there. Hopefully on next trip will be able to assess it better. Your right about the mm V inches ... oh dear...just showing my age Cheers, Helen
AnswerID: 562463

Our Sponsors