Sullage Hose Attachment Repair

Submitted: Friday, Jun 18, 2004 at 21:07
ThreadID: 120623 Views:3125 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
The piece of sullage hose that joins the two outlets into one has begun to crack from being in a tight curve. Instead of going the same way I looked for a better solution. I remembered the "cam-lock" system from my oil company days as a simple easy to connect hose system. These are now made in UV stabilised plastic in fittings suitably sized for our sullage hoses. Below is a pic .... the two outlets are joined by elbows and a "T" piece ... a cam-lock male end screws into the "T". A female cam-lock goes into the sullage hose and allows a simple place over and lock handles to connect sullage hose. If dust is a problem coming back up the outlets when travelling the male cam-lock fitting is able to be fitted with a "blank female cam-lock" to seal outlet. Next is a piece of 40mm pvc pipe under BT 6 metres long to carry sullage hose. A male cam-lock will be fitted near pipe end to lock hose cam-lock onto to stop hose sliding out. This will save rolling it up and storing in a box in cargo bay. Cost of fittings was around $35-40. Tested it last weekend while away in BT to see if a full sink of water would run out and not back flow into ensuite ..... no problem there. Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Friday, Jun 18, 2004 at 21:09

Friday, Jun 18, 2004 at 21:09
Anthony, Here's something even cheaper:- Put the tee directly beneath the sink outlet and run the line across to the shower outlet. This gives the sinkwater a direct drop to your outlet hose, and when you push the hose on there's no movement in the cross connection to cause damage. There is no way sink water can come back into the shower. The 6m of 40mm pipe is excellent. Mine runs along the inside of the left (looking from rear) chassis all the way to the A frame. I use a screw cap with security chain on one end and a glued on cap at the front. Cheers..............Rob.
AnswerID: 562474

Our Sponsors