SEPLLING GET UP AND GO

Submitted: Monday, Jun 21, 2004 at 19:16
ThreadID: 120626 Views:3308 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
HAVING NOTICED REGULAR SPELLING ERRORS IN BOGGERS POSTINGS (INCLUDING MINE), PERHAPS THE FOLLOWING MAY BE THE EXPLAINATION !! Univeristy Sutdy<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> Aoccdrnig to a Cmabrigde Uinervtisy sudty, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a ttoal mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> Ragreds,…………..Jhon Dybnobs.<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> Phweww! Try re-typing that and then do a spell check.<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> MY GET UP AND GO<o:p></o:p> HAS GOT UP AND WENT<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> How do I know my youth is all spent<o:p></o:p> Well, my get up and go has got up and went,<o:p></o:p> But in spite of it all I’m able to grin<o:p></o:p> When I think of where my get up has been.<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> Old age is golden, so I’ve heard said,<o:p></o:p> But sometimes I wonder when I get to bed,<o:p></o:p> With my ear in a drawer and my teeth in a cup,<o:p></o:p> My eyes on the table until I wake up.<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> As sleep dims my eyes, I say to myself,<o:p></o:p> “Is there anything else I should lay on the shelf?”<o:p></o:p> But I’m happy to say as I close the door,<o:p></o:p> My friends are the same, perhaps even more.<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> When I was young my slippers were red,<o:p></o:p> I could kick my heels up over my head.<o:p></o:p> When I grew older my slippers were blue<o:p></o:p> But I could still dance the whole night through.<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> Now I am old my slippers are black,<o:p></o:p> I walk to the store, and puff my way back.<o:p></o:p> The reason I know that my youth is all spent,<o:p></o:p> Is that my get up and go has got up and went.<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> But I don’t mind, when I think with a grin,<o:p></o:p> Of all the great places my get up has been,<o:p></o:p> And since I’ve retired from life’s competition<o:p></o:p> My schedules all scheduled with complete repetition.<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> I get up each morning and dust off my wits,<o:p></o:p> Pick up the paper and read the “obits”<o:p></o:p> If I see my name missing, I know I’m not dead<o:p></o:p> So I eat a good breakfast and go back to bed! ………..Author unknown. Cheers.......................Rob <o:p></o:p>
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Jun 21, 2004 at 19:18

Monday, Jun 21, 2004 at 19:18
Bugger. how did those <:op>.<:op) things get into that ??? Rob.
AnswerID: 562484

Reply By: Deleted User - Monday, Jun 21, 2004 at 19:19

Monday, Jun 21, 2004 at 19:19
Rob, Good old word does that for you no charge !! [grin] Do your text stuff in a plain text editor like WordPad or NotePad and they will disappear ... You can compose in word and paste into plain text editor but it reformats it anyway so its easier to just do in WordPad in the first place. Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 562485

Reply By: TripnTaps - Monday, Jun 21, 2004 at 19:20

Monday, Jun 21, 2004 at 19:20
Loved that one Rob.... how true, how true. Since we are being philosophical (is that how you spell it... but you know what I mean deal) here is a little gem I took out of our local paper the Eldorado Star from this months edition. "A house becomes a home when you can write 'I love you...on the furniture" (or in the case of Boggers " A BT becomes a home when you can write ' I love you- er... it (being my BT - and especially.... this amazing world... in the bulldust") " Dust if you must, but wouldn't it be better to paint a picture or write a letter, bake a cake ( for Anthony cook Barilla No 7 and sauce) or plant a seed, ponder the difference between want and need? Dust if you must but theres not much time, with rivers to swim and mountains to climb, music to hear and books to read, friends to cherish and life to lead. Dust if you must, but the world's out there with the sun in your eyes, the wind in your hair, a flutter of snow, a shower of rain. This day will never come around again. Dust if you must, but bear in mind, old age will come and it's not kind. And when you go, and go you must- you yourself will make more dust!" I think we can all relate to that, Cheers, Helen
AnswerID: 562486

Our Sponsors