Identity Crisis/Name Change

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 04, 2004 at 05:06
ThreadID: 120650 Views:3887 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
After almost six months of planning, researching and very much appreciated assistance from many BOGGERS our Bushtracker has walls (inside), cupboards and bed framework and a FLOOR! so at this point we are now suffering from a heavy dose of BATTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just like we think of our children, the van is totally and utterly super special (let's hope that it doesn't behave like our kids at times!!). As the van completely overwhelmed us with it size and grandeur (you do appreciate how superb framework looks) we decided that the name Noosa Nomads didn't seem quite appropriate. The van needed something regal and grand and had become like the seven wonders of the world - well the outback world anyway. We didn't think Buckingham Palace or Camelot the answer, we wanted something really exotic, something like the Taj Mahal - and then it came to us - after a coupla reds! Taj Mah Tracker!!!!!!!!!!! now you have to agree it is exotic (or something)!!! or at least it was last night. So we Noosa Nomads no longer exist, we will be travelling the length, breadth and heighths of Oz in our very own Taj Mah Tracker -I wonder how Steve would consider a request for central dome and minarets over the air-con! Cheers Robin & Ian
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Deleted User - Sunday, Jul 04, 2004 at 05:08

Sunday, Jul 04, 2004 at 05:08
What is BATTS? Do I have it/?them? BT completion approx Feb 05!!!!
AnswerID: 562604

Reply By: Deleted User - Sunday, Jul 04, 2004 at 05:09

Sunday, Jul 04, 2004 at 05:09
Here is BATTS explained ...from my original post way back when ... It was directed at Angie at the time but we all have suffered from it at one stage or another during our BT purchase experience. <start> I'm afraid Angie has contracted a common disease called Bushtracker Anticipation Trepidation Tremblers Syndrome ... or commonly known as an attack of the BATTS.
It most commonly seen in the BT owner in the period between the deposit and delivery stage .... it is not commonly seen outside this period so Angie might have the rare form called Early Onset B.A.T.T.S .... Time will tell !

Symptoms include but are not restricted to .....
Adrenalin rush on sighting a BT (even a picture) causing a lowered skin surface temperature and a butterfly effect in small intestine and stomach. Trembling is seen in the chronic case ... in the acute case it can be seen by too much exposure over a short period.
Some long term cases can recite BT Specs and Options at will especially near the delivery date.
Alcohol will increase the problem turning the acute into the chronic instantly.

Treatment
Treatment is only palliative at this stage so support from friends and other people that have taken delivery is vital. Valium works in the short term but is contraindicated. Being taken in short trips in friends BT's is in the planning and controlled trial stage.
The prognosis is good .... all symptoms and traces of the syndrome appear to fade in the first 48 hours after delivery. Small recurrences can appear when fitting aftermarket accessories. It may also appear again in the preceding days of a trip .... in the first year.

I'm only getting over it now ..... <grin>
Anthony <end> Regards Anthony Explore this Great Land ...Do it Easy ...Tow a Bushtracker
AnswerID: 562605

Reply By: TripnTaps - Sunday, Jul 04, 2004 at 05:10

Sunday, Jul 04, 2004 at 05:10
Hi Robin & Ian, Love the new name... very appropriate. Too right the BT's are a mighty van, well worth a handle such as Taj Mah Tracker.... of course it came with clarity and vision of what is to be (under the influence of a good red... what else!) Enjoy your build ... seeing as your so close to BTi - you can watch its production. I can just imagine the pained look on Steves face if you kidded him about the central dome in lieu of the 4 seasons hatch... he already has a lot to deal with.. be kind Cheers, Helen PS: RJH4122 - Doesn't sound like you've got the BATTS by any degree yet. This comes with anticipation of what you have created and the depletion of your bank account
AnswerID: 562606

Reply By: Bushtracker Buck & Babe - Sunday, Jul 04, 2004 at 05:11

Sunday, Jul 04, 2004 at 05:11
Robin and Ian, The change to your name is duly noted on the Bogger database, which I am sending out to everyone today (London time UK). I always get a giggle out of the BATTS explanation. I would like to think that it was a new disease only found by my symptoms but the reality is it existed before I came along and so can't take the credit. I was just glad that Dr Anthony was around to explain what was happening to me at the time and whilst most days I have the condition under control, it only takes the sighting of new pictures to send me into relapse. (Thanks Jay). Luckily Ivan and I don't tend to suffer from it on the same days so we are a very good support to each other. Angie 23 sleeps to go until we leave UK
AnswerID: 562607

Our Sponsors